Friday, September 25, 2026

Just us Girls #842 and Four Seasons

 

It's time to bring out our stencils this week at Just us Girls #842 or, as I have
done, break out a stencil set that you borrowed from a friend!
You may remember I recently entered Altenew's Inspiration Challenge
hosted by a gal from Michigan - after a bit of commenting back and forth,
we discovered we only live 17 minutes from each other!  Carrie invited me
over for an afternoon of playtime and I accepted her kind invitation to play.
[I have to say I felt like was cheating on Marcia - but with all my sweet friend
has on her shoulders this year we just haven't been able to get together since early Spring. We have a date in the making soon - thank goodness!]

Carrie sent me home with all kinds of goodies to play with - including the
wonderful Sweet Harvest collection from Altenew that she used for her
fabulous inspiration piece at the challenge.  You can see that one HERE. Take
note of the apples she photographed as they were the models for my
'simple stenciled' branch of Honeycrisps!


Accompanied by one of the fantastic sentiments in the set, and
Altenew's Organic linen embossing that I added a little splash of color to.


Starting with a layer of melon ice CP ink and allowing it to shine
through the reds helped give them the glow I was looking for.
After stenciling, I went back and added a bit of extra shading and
splatter to give them a little more interest.

Here are a few more of the cards that I've made using Carrie's supplies:


Second helpings can't hurt, right?
This set is Altenew's Winterberry Poinsettia set.
I've paired it with a sentiment from Honeybee's Peace, Love, Joy set.


Each of the berries was 'kissed' with Stickles!

One more... you know me and trees... and leaves!


All four of the layers in this Majestic Maple Tree set were cut from watercolor paper and
blended with the inks below.  I was sad that the colors seemed to dry-back a bit
but loved it mounted onto this SU! Timeworn Type embossed and distressed panel.


The sentiment is an oldie from PTI's Larger than Life: Fall sentiments set of stamps.


It seems like a perfect fit for The Four Seasons Challenge of September 2026!


Thanks so much for spending some of your time with me this week!
I always appreciate it so much!
And a BIG thank you to Carrie for sharing her home and Altenew supplies with me!
=] Michele

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow, each one is more impressive than the one before! I've not seen that maple tree ever---it's just gorgeous with the different layers! Of course, the poinsettias are gorgeous too, and the apples look good enough to eat! How fun that she shared with you!