Monday, July 1, 2024

Penny Black - Permission to Play series #5

Before I put away my distress inks, I found there were TWO more in the Penny Black Permission to Play series.  I made two cards using Sketch #5 ... you would be right if you noticed I skipped #4 I just had to watercolor these images again and they worked much better with #5's Sketch:


Since both of my images are larger than those Jill used, I had to get a little
bit creative with my panel placement... she won't mind, I'm sure of it.


Penny Black: Beary Merry - I couldn't resist the grey stripes! And a starry sky!


This lady from Christmas Wishes might be my all-time favorite image 
from Penny Black... love her!


I found two old 'snowy' embossing folders in my plentiful stash - the first from Sizzix, the other unmarked... but work perfectly for the images, in my humble opinion.  My stitched dies are from Wplus9 and Pinkfresh Studio in that order.  MFT provided the scripty sentiments - from Snow Globe Greetings.

Okay - off I go!  That laundry doesn't sort, wash, or dry itself!
=] Michele

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

You are going to town with Christmas Michele and I need to catch up on those too! Both cards are absolutely ADORABLE my friend! That first image is SOOOOOOO darn CUTE and water colored just perfectly! And your favorite lady is a beauty for sure! Sweet, sweet cards my friend...LOVE them both!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

These are wonderful! I am embarassed to admit that I have that second image....never inked it up! Jaydee inspired me and I haven't used it yet! Maybe now you've inspired me too. SO SWEET!

Bobby said...

I have been enjoying Jill's videos. I just wish I had some of my PB images to make some cards. Yours have all been wonderful and I can see how much you are enjoying watercoloring them, Michele.

Bonnie said...

Your watercoloring is amazing, Michele, as always! I LOVE this sweet baby with his teddy bear! Perfect with this sketch! Your Christmas lady is so pretty and again beautifully colored! Your Christmas stash is really growing, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I love what you're doing with your PB stamps, Michele! The two Christmas cards today are such a treat. Love that sweet image on the first on that wonderful lady on the second. Might just have to add her to my ever growing when we get together again list!!

lostinpaper said...

I am sure that Jill won't be concerned about your little adaptations lol. These are both soooo adorable Michele, WOW-worthy watercolouring too!

Jeanne said...

Darling and delightful, that is what these are. Your favorite image reminds me of Holly Hobby but in a winter like setting. Thanks for sharing these! Hope your laundry got done. ;)

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using Jill's sketch. Fabulous watercolouring of both images, Michele. xx

Karen said...

Love both of these cards! You really have a great selection of PB images to choose from, and these holiday ones are awesome. I love that little girl with her basket--so beautifully colored!

Linda Callahan said...

Both of your ladies are delightful! Sweet sweet cards!

TK said...

Two AMAZING cards, Michele, they're both so sweet and adorable! I love your beautiful coloring, it is only outdone by the sweet images and perfect layouts. I have been saving these videos from PB&J because I really want to get to them too -- when time comes available