Tuesday, July 2, 2024

PB Permission to Play - Back to #4 and Color Hues for #6

I have a few cards to share today, then I'll be going quiet for a few days - though there is a scheduled post for July 4th with The Flower Challenge!  Tom and I are going to attempt another get-a-way... sadly the poor guy only gets to have vacation time when the offices he creates for take time off!  We'll cross our fingers and hope for the best!  I am a bit worried as there is another bridge involved - oy!

I've gone out of order for the PB Permission to Play series ... today, I have two cards for Sketch #4 - keeping with my Christmas theme for these.  Most of my favorite PB images are Christmas ones!


Jill used a darling octagonal frame - yes, it is on my wish list now!
This old wreath die doubled up from Pinkfresh did the trick and provided a
good place for this Kitty from PB Deck the Halls to 'hang out!'
The Sizzix embossing folder is REALLY old but still fresh!


Another image from the same PB set.. this time I featured a die from Spellbinders'
Hemstitched Circles and an embossed panel from my stash 
[from Marcia's I'm sure!]


Before I leave town, I used the combo from Color Hues #90 to create my card for Jill's sketch #6 - remember, you can play, too and will find all the info HERE.


This little hedgie from PB Always Love seems to be licking the frosting bowl.. 


PB's Triangle Pattern embossing folder takes on the shape of the bowl for me!
More on the background soon!



Hoping that there is enough aqua to make up for my brown critter!  Fingers on the other hand crossed!  But I'm only here to play so it's okay if they disqualify my card!  Thanks for stopping by!  See you on the flipside!
=] Michele

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love 'em ALL! Especially the embossing folders....tone on tone is so pretty! Cute images too!

lostinpaper said...

You have made these designs shine my friend! Loving the depth that the embossing gives in the background, it looks like it gives these critters somewhere to play lol.

lostinpaper said...

Oops, forgot to say that you will be missed, but I know that you will have fun... however many bridges are invovled!

Karen said...

I've been watching these videos as well, and you've done a fabulous job of making those sketches your own! I love the PB hedgies, and this one in the bowl is just adorable! And a punny sentiment is always fun. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues, and have a great getaway!

Loll said...

LOVE your two Christmas cards with the sweet critters and your fabulous embossed backgrounds. The colours are awesome. And your sweet hedgie is adorable popping out of the bowl. Love the soft colour of your background with the triangle embossing. Fabulous cards Michele! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Your holiday cards are delightful and the embossed backdrops are fab! Enjoy your holiday week! Hope the weather cooperates!

TK said...

Sweet cards, Michele! We all love your adorably fun cards, and these are no different.

Have fun, and ENJOY the time away, even if bridges are involved (tho I'm now curious what that's all about...)

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 of your PB images are so stinkin' CUTE Michele and totally melt my heart! Water colored beautifully too!! The ef on the 2nd card is from SSS's Holiday Greenery...sure am glad I'm not the only one who forgets to write these things down! :0) Your card for the Color Hues challenge is AWESOME and brown is a neutral, so it's all good! Such a sweet, sweet image and I just LOVE that embossed background! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie pie with us at Color Hues, and have an awesome mini vacation! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

I hope you and Tom have a wonderful trip and the stars align for no issues weather or otherwise. Thanks for leaving us with such fun cards to enjoy. Those critters are just so dang cute. Thanks so much for sharing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice post of fun cards! Your embossing folders have amazing depth! Have a fun trip 😊

Bonnie said...

Your Christmas cards are awesome with the embossed backgrounds and adorable images, Michele! The neutral backgrounds make those images pop! And your Hedgie licking the bowl is so cute! He's a perfect fit in this sketch with the aqua embossing! Have a safe trip, my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a trio of sweetness, Michele! Love all of the cute little critters paired with the fun embossing. Hope you two have the best time and hope that bridge cooperates! Happy 4th!

Nance said...

What a fab trio of cards, Michele. I love the tone on tone brown for Christmas cards! It makes them so elegant. And that baking hedgie is just too too adorable. Well I hope you have a good, safe and fun trip wherever you're off to! Hugs.

Bobby said...

Hope your get-away works this time, Michele. I'm putting all your cards in my memory bank for when I get home and begin Christmas cards again. Yours turned out great. I love that little hedgehog in the bowl and the card design worked perfectly to show him off.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards Michele, but that embossed background for your sweet treat Color Hues is fantastic! The sentiment is the bomb! Thank you so much for sharing with us as always at the Color Hues!