Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #93

What are the most common cards we make?  Most likely you've all said 'birthday cards' right?  Lucky for you, you'll be able to combine your love of florals to those birthday cards this month for The Flower Challenge!  

 

While searching for a great birthday sentiment, I found just the ticket in one of my favorite stamp sets - another from Alex Syberia Designs: Spring Garden.

Inside: Of course it is!  It's your birthday - let's celebrate!

Isn't she lovely in these shades of blue and gold?  My friend
Stephanie sent me a stash of those embossed vellum panels - I thought
it made a beautiful textural backdrop to these blossoms.



I have a bonus card for you today - since it is a big day in America, too! Hows about a little red, white, and blue?


Using one of PTI's Botanical Blocks it is winging its way to my friend today!


So.  What do you think?  Does a birthday card HAVE to say 'happy birthday' on the front of the card?  I don't think so - but you do you and then share it was us at The Flower Challenge!  We can't wait to see it!
=] Michele 

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your floral is awesome, but that red/white/blue tag---stunning! What a fun way to use those patriotic colors!

Linda Callahan said...

A Birthday Card does NOT have to say Happy Birthday on the front! Yours is lovely! And your Fourth of July card is sweet! Happy 4th - enjoy your vacation!

Bonnie said...

These blue flowers are so pretty on the lacy doily, Michele! Your red, white and blue card is an inspirational way to use this stamp! It's perfect for a July 4th birthday or any occasion! I hope you are having a fantastic Independence Day celebration!

Jeanne said...

Hope you are having a lovely holiday! Your cards are fantastic. I don't think it has to say Happy Birthday on the front of the card. I like your sentiment a lot. Your patriotic card is fabulous!

Loll said...

Gorgeous flowers that look amazing over your textured vellum backdrop, Michele. xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful birthday card with your lovely coloring on those beautiful flowers. Your 4th of July card is so cute. TFS

Bobby said...

As long as you acknowledge the birthday on the inside, the outside can say whatever you want or nothing at all. I love the sentiment you used, Michele, and those blue flowers are magnificent. I love the tag tribute to America too. What a great way to use that Botanical Block.

lostinpaper said...

So so so so pretty Michele... love that subtle background behind the blooms! And HAPPY July 4th my friend!

TK said...

Beautiful! Oh my, I just love the gorgeous colors on your first lovely card! What a beauty. Your second card is equally pretty, with all things red, white and blue -- and I agree, they don't all have to say Happy Birthday on the front! Equally pretty, Michele

Birgit said...

Both cards are fabulous in their own rite. I'm particularly fond of the softly colored red, white and blue card. What a pretty way to add just a touch of color to an image.