Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Card Concept #65

I must get The Card Concept inspiration photo out here right NOW:
SHABAAAAM!!!!  If this doesn't wake up those creative juices that are in hibernation, I don't know what to say!!!  Who could ever go to sleep in this room? 

Okay.  take a looky loo at the newest goodies to my stash ... and a new to me company.  Yes.  I do live under a rock at times.  I will be visiting Lil' Inker on a regular basis.

For #65:  I give my [pink orange ruffled] heart:


I'm not sure where my colors go wrong when editing my photos ... you'll have to take my word that this is truly orange, and pinks - compliments of Zigs on Neenah!  Yes.. I did say Neenah - with just enough water to make the colors bleed together!

While I had my current favorite embossing folder out, I wanted to share another new LOve ... you all know how much I adore vellum?  I may be cheating on it today:  introducing Glassine from Ellen Hutson:

we go together like ...
"... vellum and sequins - and I LOve that you totally 'get' that!!!"
 
Can we all say *sigh* ?!  Of course I had to temporarily mount that little beauty onto my vellum card!!  My friend will be able to use the card, the sequins, the hearts and create a whole new card!!
 
 
Yesterday, I had a chat with a friend in Washington.  sorry again, TK, for waking you up!  You know how it goes in this wonderful blogland of ours - one person asks a question and before you know it, we are offered more than one helping hand!  TK thanks for sharing Cat Craig's 'how to post more than one photo from a post, to a challenge'!  I'm going to give it a go ... wish me luck!!!
 
=]  Michele
 
 
Supplies:
Ellen Hutson Essentials Glassine paper and fabulous blood-orange ribbon!
PTI Stamper's Select Vellum cardstock
Pretty Pink Posh sequins
WeRMemoryKeepers Next Level embossing folder
Technique Tuesday 'hugs & Kisses' sentiment from Columbine stamp
MFT background stamps:  Cheesecloth and roses
Zigs: pink, bright yellow, and orange.
 

 Thrilled to receive this honor from Lil' Inkers!!!
 
 
 
 






16 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, pink and orange... how do I love thee? Well, for one thing, I love thee on thine card(s)! Beautiful blend of colors. The quilting is perfect, too. What a treat!

Karren said...

Oh what beautiful cards these are, Michele! The orange and pink heart is just gorgeous and when I saw the vellum card with the two hearts, I instantly thought "Mama heart keeping a hold of baby heart" :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, that inspiration photo really speaks to me with these amazing colors. I haven't had a good idea yet for a card but you knocked the ball out of the park with you two beauties! The colors, the embossing folder, the vellum, the dimension - absolutely fantastic!

Barb Ghig said...

Your pink and orange blooms are heavenly, Michele! I love the dimension you achieved with your embossing folder, too and I LOVE how you played with vellum! Two really beautiful cards, and I think both would look so pretty placed in that gorgeous bedroom...WOW!
I think you're gonna have a lot of fun shopping at Lil' Inkers :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is so incredibly beautiful Michele!! And the sweet heart filled with sequins in another beauty. You were on a roll today!!

Sherrie M. said...

Wow Michele! Your card is an amazing take on the inspiration photo but stepped up a notch! That heart is stunning, the quilted background is perfect and your grounding strips are perfect. LOVE!

TK said...

These are fabulous!! Each is more spectacular than the one before! You are truly a maestro, Michele... No problem with the early morning call, we had a great convo, didn't we?! Glad to help when I can, that isn't very often at all, and truly it was because Cat shared her knowledge!

Anita in France said...

Oh my goodness, Michele ... your creative juices are defintely NOT in hibernation ... these are stunning! Gorgeous colouring on that beautiful heart, so perfectly set against the quilted background ... and the quilted glassine heart ... with sequins ... eeek ... spectacular! BTW, I can't imagine your friend (or anyone) taking apart one of your works of art to re-use the makings ... that would be incomprehensible!! Hugs, Anita :)

Michele K. Henderson said...

These are BOTH absolutely AMAZING, Michele! SO beautiful, and such an amazing color blend too! One of my very, very favorites from you, and I can't even decide which card I like better! Big WOWS from me today . . as usual, of course, but these are something truly special for me today! I'm so glad you're playing along with us at The Card Concept too!
Take care!
Michele

Jeanne said...

Shabam! You are awesome, Michele! And so encouraging! I LOVE the colors in your cards today. Your creativity seems to know no bounds and that glassine heart is fabulous. Oh my word. Can I ask in all seriousness though don't thump me on the head if I am being obtuse...is glassine another way to say waxed paper? Or is it a bit more sturdy? Love your use of the embossing folder. The star of the show is that big beautiful bold heart on your first card. Makes me want to swoon I am so smitten! Wonderful, fabulous work, Michele!!

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE the glassine heart!! You are ROCKING these challenges!!

Sharron said...

Both are absolutely stunning! The colors are gorgeous and every detail is wonderful, love the quilting and the awesome glassine heart!

Cat Craig said...

Michele, stunning colors you have replicated them well from the inspiration photo. And that embossing folder...WOW love how it picked up the pin tucked headboard in the photo. Stunning my dear...and as for taking your card apart...I cannot imagine anyone would do that...it is too fabulous. I'm so glad the double posting worked. Yay!

Aileen said...

I thought I told you how much I like these cards but theres no comment so I must have said it in my head!!! Love love the first one, so beautiful with that rose background cut in heart shape and LOVE that 3D folder, obviously I need that one (need not want ok) Beautiful combined colours too0000

Maureen said...

You had me at sequins! LOL. I could totally fall asleep in that bed and on your card! Cool embossing folder! Thanks for joining us over on the Card Concept!

Alka said...

The cards are so pretty. I loved how you used with sequel