Thursday, January 26, 2017

CAS[E] this Sketch #206

For those of you who may wonder, often Chrissy creates a sketch from a card one of the team has made - makes it great for those of us [me] who aren't that great at sketching a design.

Leigh Penner has designed Sketch #206, and I am so anxious to know if it was from a card, or did she truly draw this little darling:


Perched right on my desk, were the two stamp sets that I needed to create my card for this week... in my eyes, they were a match made in Heaven for Leigh's sketch!

 
I was attempting to channel another of my fab teamies with my water-colored background ... can you guess whoooo? 
 
I hope you'll join us this week!  Now let's go see what the others have made ... and where Leigh's brain takes us!
 
=]  Michele
 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn: Winter Owl stamp set, and my all-time fave Leaves dies 
Poppystamps:  Ohh La LA for the beret - slightly altered =]
Distress Inks for water coloring
Altenew branch die from Winter Cardinal
MFT Wonky Rectangle and Chevron DP
 
 


16 comments:

Marina said...

This is cute - I love the natural colours.

Lisa Elton said...

Seriously...could this BE any cuter!! This is the perfect little guy for this sketch and your background is fantastic. Is it just me or does this feathery friend appear to be very Harry Potterish? An owl wearing a familiar looking scarf!?!

Nora Noll said...

What an adorable card!! I LOVE your watercolor in the background. It ROCKS!! That is also the most adorable little owl and I am in love the leaves too. You rocked this sketch!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh.so.charming! I was almost going to take the owl route, too, but you know where I went. I'm especially smitten with all that watercoloring, and is that a hand written sentiment? Amazing!

lostinpaper said...

Super fab card Michele, I've got some little owls flying my way and crossed fingers that they will be here today, thanks yet again for some wonderful inspiration!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is he with his beret...I love it! Your watercoloring really makes the images pop on this card, and I love how you stamped your sentiment! Another fabulous take on the sketch, Michele!

Susanne Vargas said...

How sweet! Great interpretation of the sketch and fabulous watercolored background!

Sharron said...

Oh, love your background, wonderful colors of nature! And your sweet owl is so adorable--love the beret! Tres chic!

Anita in France said...

What a delight, Michele ... gorgeous background 'forest' and just the sweetest little owl ... so cute in the beret ... and so fun with that fab sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Oh my, this is delightful, Michele! I adore your softly watercolored background. Did you splatter or do you have a stamp? It looks amazing. Your owl makes me smile as does that fabulous sentiment. Great branch and leaves. You did an amazing job on the card and with the sketch. Thanks for sharing!

Bobby said...

You know I love this, Michele. Whooo can resist that cute owl.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!
I had made a card over a year ago with this design, which I thought would be fun to revisit. It originally had a RC cat on it. I sent a photo of the card to Chrissy and she made it into this sketch. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Eep! A French owl?!?!?! AWESOME!! That watercolor background is fabulous and I love your take on this sketch!

Karren said...

What a fun card! This is just too cute and your watercoloring is fabulous!

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh what a lovely wc background, yum!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Muahahahhahhaha

Your card almost made me snort my coffee out my nose this morning... how FUN!

Love your background and the owl, he's a STAR!