Tuesday, August 25, 2026

The Paper Players #800!

The Paper Players is celebrating its 800th challenge this week, and I couldn't wait to have a play with their original sketch... they say it's been given a facelift, but wouldn't we all need one at 800?? lol
 

I thought I take advantage of all these layers to use some fun Halloween
patterned papers and a die set from HoneyBee: Toil and Trouble.


My  Her broomstick is being a bit evasive but perhaps you can
see it in this closeup?  I love pink with orange, so I took liberties with
the usual black hat and brown broomsticks!

inside sentiment: you don't look a day over 799!

The pumpkin is a stenciled one of a trio from The Ton.  My papers are
from Scrapbook.com's spooky patterned paper collection.  And the sentiment
is an oldie from MFT.  I've given everything a bit of distressing with black soot
ink - not my usual thing.  I'm nearly sorry about it - tell me what you think?

Congratulations to all the members of The Paper Players who woo us into playing along with their fabulous cards each week!  And a special thanks to LeAnne for introducing me to this fun challenge!  I've loved playing cards with you all!

=] Michele

3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

How FUN is this Michele!! I spotted your broom right away and it fits perfectly just under the hat and pumpkin! Love that DSP and yes, the black soot around the edges for a bit more of the spooky!! Awesome card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

This is wonderful, Michele! You mat have used black but you use it lightly and it definitely works. Funcolor combo too

Lisa Elton said...

This is oodles of fun and dare I say, faBOOlous! I think the distressing fits right in and looks great on the images. Like Marcia said, it adds to the spookiness! Cute card!