Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday fun day!

I had a little bit of 'free time' today ... you know exactly where I headed: into the fun room!  Playing with a few challenges is a great way to pass time!

First up - my sweet friend Marcia is the host at Color Hues #139 - she picked a color combo perfect for the last blooms of Summer... or maybe a Christmas card?  Challenge taken, Marcia!


One might not agree that these are right for Christmas, but I beg to differ with you...
take a look - I think the colors are perfect for a red-headed Christmas toddler and her friend, Teddy!


Am I right?


I adore this sweetie from Penny Black called Beary Merry!  Stamped in black, clear embossed, and colored with Distress reinkers: Mustard Seed, and Carved Pumpkin.

Next up, I'm heading to Christmas Kickstart Challenge #113: Friends for Life - I have a friendship from Mother Nature & Penny Black's Deck the Halls

JOY die from PB. Stitch lines from Concord & 9th and Kristina Werner's 
Finishing Touches dies.



I took this card to the 'masculine side' so I could also play along with those fabulous Jingle Belles: Masculine Merriment challenge! By adding SU Chocolate Chip reinker
to that big, beautiful JOY it seems more masculine to me - show me a guy who doesn't love critters!  My sub-sentiment is from 
PTI's Wonderful Words: JOY!


One more seems right... CAS Mix Up August 2026 has a technique of stenciling over patterned paper.  I just love all the cards their team have made!  Mixed media is not my thing and keeping it CAS makes it even more of a challenge, right?  I've given it my best attempt using a paper from HoneyBee and an image from Altenew: Casual Bouquet that includes a set of stencils.  Be honest... does this work?


The gradient design of this dsp still shows through after stenciling
which I was very happy about.


I used Honeycomb Corners from The Greetery to add those little
hexagons - keeping it pretty CAS.


Okay, the boss is home, so I'd better make it look like I'm doing something besides playing!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
=] Michele

1 comment:

Loll said...

Always great when you can have a fun day, Michele! Three fabulous cards. Love the Christmas card in yellow and orange. I would never have thought to use those colours for Christmas, but your image is perfect for it. Sweet card using the Immense Joy die and having an adorable image from Colorado Craft Co. in the center. :) And the final card is wonderful! Love the gorgeous patterned paper you've used. Your stencil works perfectly with it and pops off the honeycombs. Great work. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx