Wednesday, August 5, 2026

A new stencil in the house!

I have had my eye on this set from Alex Syberia for quite a while.  I've been quite good about buying things lately, so I treated myself this week!  My timing [and theirs] was spot on!  Meet Lush Peony Bouquet - press plate and stencils - using the colors from Color Hues #138!  

Sentiment: Pinkfresh Studios: With Sympathy



Next up - a no-line letter-pressed image and lots, and lots of inks for Darnell's inky I.D.E.A.S calendar and NBUS challenge #89!


The press plate was run through my Platinum Six without ink-
making stenciling these peonies without inked lines a little easier.




I'll be back again soon!  Thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele

19 comments:

Karen said...

Two fabulous cards, Michele! One of the great pleasures of creating cards is seeing how very different one image can be when different inks are used. Your two cards are a perfect case study. Your navy and teal peonies are gorgeous--thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Both of these cards are winners IMO! I love the first one in the Color Hues Colors! An awesome way to use these colors! And the bright rainbow inks make a big impact! WOW!

LeAnne said...

These are gorgeous, but of course, I am SO partial to the blue one! Wowza!

JoAnn said...

Wow! Two beautiful cards Michele. Love your new stencil which you have made shine on these cards. Really love the first one in the blues.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful new set and what a beautiful use of those colors! Your second bright version is amazing too! Marvelous makes, my friend!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, stunning! You have some of the most beautiful ink colors and you know how to use them to maximize their glory! Thank you SO much for sharing these beauties, Michele.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW! Both of these are GORGEOUS Michele! Your 1st card is spot on for our color challenge and you have definitely made the pairing SHINE! I love your no-line 2nd card with all the fabulous bright colors...such a happy, happy card! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at Color Hues my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Holy smokes! Well let's forget about all that smoke so we can focus on these two beauties! Stunning, beautifully colored, perfect in both versions -- that's perfection, Michele!

Bobby said...

The difference in the cards is like night and day with your creative use of the press plate and stencils, Michele. The soft blue is lovely but I'm drawn to the brighter colors of the second card that you mixed so beautifully.

Judy said...

Fantastic cards. I like them both very much. Thank you for the great details on how you accomplished.

lostinpaper said...

This one has been impossible to get in Australia lol. So I'm glad that I get to see your beautiful inspiration... sigh!

Cat Craig said...

Your peonies are gorgeous in both colors. I can see why this stencil has been on your list.

Nancy said...

Did you hear me gasp? Well I did, and I may have even said, "What can't she do," out loud! I totally see why you went shopping. I am so in love with both of these, Michele. As always, thanks for being with us at Color Hues.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Spectacular use of color on both! What a cool and clever idea to press without ink for a no line look. Both cards are amazing! I have not been good at all, sigh...

HilaryJane said...

Both these cards are just beautiful. It has never occured to me to used the press plates without any colours. What a great idea and a great example. I love it xx

Helen said...

I can see why you loved this set Michele! JUst beautiful and both cards you created a gorgeous! I always love seeing how different things look just by changing up the colours! Love the inspiration! Enjoy your day! :)

Darnell said...

Oh, man, now I want to get a press plate again. Damn, girl, I love your navy and teal winning design for CH, but the colors of your inky I.D.E.A.S. card are dyNOmite! Beautifully blending, M! And thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, D

donna mikasa said...

Both versions are so pretty but I'm partial to the no line version simply because I don't have, nor do I plan to get any press plates! The colors on the no line are so yummy too!

Stef Perry said...

Ooh, a two-fer with two different looks! I'm confident that a peony in your hands is going to look fabulous no matter what, and your two cards are a testament to that, Michele! I love it both ways and I'm so glad you chose to use the CH colors for one. Thanks for playing along!!