Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Tip-toe-ing through my tulips!

As I patiently await the blooms on my tulips [those that the bunny didn't eat]  I enjoyed a fun first-time playtime with some new press plates from LDRS Creative today!  Introducing their Tulips Impression-Letterpress plate - of course I had to make my favorite white...


After pressing in black, I used a little blueish purple for shadows to make the whites whiter - and Leafy Green from The Stamp Market for their stems and leaves.

I couldn't help but use their Tulip Mix Background un-inked as my background.

Next, the same Tulips inked and colored in lots of color ...


Topped with a layered Hello from The Stamp Market.


ONE last one - you may have noticed I've used an MFT Elegant Rectangles 
for the first and final card.  I've found it best to cut first before pressing
so I don't lose any of that lovely impression of letterpress.


Another of TK's butterflies made a landing - I think I'll send this one to the 
sweet gals at Triple B!


This planked parquet background was cut at Marcia's house in February - I think
it is from The Greetery?  Maybe she'll remember whose sentiment this is?  
What I would do without her I'll NEVER know!

I hope your gardens are popping with color!  My new tulips have been protected the last few weeks with a little circle of chicken-wire ... fingers crossed!  
=] Michele

17 comments:

LeAnne said...

All of them are beautiful! I can't believe yours haven't bloomed yet---ours are DONE! At least you can enjoy these until yours appear!

HilaryJane said...

All 3 of these are pretty special. I haven't come across LDRS Creative before. They definitely have some gorgeous plates. Congrats on your win at JUGS too. Very well deserved I think xx

lostinpaper said...

These plates were made for you my friend... tulips? who knew you didn't have enough in your stash already, or is there ever enough lol. Your designs are ALL beautiful but I do LOVE those huge tulips as a background and for your main card design, WOW!!

Cat Craig said...

A lovely jungle of tulips!

Bonnie said...

You find the best tulips, my friend! Love these and how you've colored them both ways! Awesome inking on the embossing too! Hopefully you'll be enjoying real tulip blossoms soon. Meanwhile we'll enjoy those you create. Thanks for the tip on die cutting before pressing.

TK said...

So stunning, Michele! I do love that MFT frame, and it's beautiful surrounding your gorgeous tulips! All three cards are amazing but I'm kinda landing on that last one too 😁 Glad you're enjoying the butterflies, Friend!

Marcia Hill said...

All three are absolutely beautiful Michele...you just can't go wrong with Tulips!! And the planked background is from The Greetery on your last card, as well as the sentiment from the Opposites Attract stamp/die set. Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

If the tulips you've planted and nurtured come up as pretty as you paper ones, you're one lucky lady! Wowee, these are fabulous cards!

Jeanne said...

Look at your beautiful garden of tulips! So very pretty. As always I so admire your attention to detail with your embossing and subtle textures. I hope your garden blooms profusely!

Birgit said...

They're all gorgeous! My tulips have yet to open as well. I'm watching them get one day closer each day. I guess you can't rush beauty. ;0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are all so gorgeous! I hope your tulips are popping with color very soon. Lots of blooming everywhere here even though it has remained relatively cold except for one 86 degree day last week.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm thinking the tulips on your first and last cards are very stylish and the embossed backgrounds are just right with them. I love how the tulips background plate does double duty as uninked embossing, or as a riotous display of color. Good luck with the tulips in your garden!

Bobby said...

Tulips have been blooming around here for quite a while now. I can't believe how long they last. But I've not seen white ones and yours are gorgeous, Michele. The third card is more like what I see.

Darlene said...

These are all just beautiful Michele! I love tulips (with the deer would quit eating all of mine lol). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Karen said...

Once again you've sent me off to shop! We're going out of town, so I'll have to hope those tulips are still available when I come home. All three cards are fabulous, but it's the third one that sold me on the pressplate--so gorgeous, and I love that butterfly!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh all of the tulips are fabulous! There are no tulips in my yard but I enjoy all of them up and down the street when I walk Pepper! These are just as fabulous - and never fade!

donna mikasa said...

Tulips have never looked so good in all its colorful glory! The second one is especially stunning with its dark outlines. Just gorgeous!!