Monday, April 22, 2024

Testing, testing... my abilities!

While doing some bargain shopping recently at Altenew, I picked up a set that I'd had on my radar for some time... only one issue... they were out of the stamp set in the bundle.  Using my 'I can make do' attitude, and trusting my [limited] drawing skills, I bought it anyway.  Here is the set:


I loved it as much for the sentiments ... but alas, all they had were the stencil, and die.  My solution?  have Copic fine-liner, will travel...



Of course, I was looking at the image from their website while sketching out the details and I often went awry - but for the most part, I'm quite satisfied with it!  After drawing in the lines, I used the stencil to color it.  Adding that gorgeous embossing [Spellbinders' Beautiful Blooms] and another of Altenew's sweet little [Nesting Slim Labels] and a beautiful sentiment [Elegant Sayings] helps draw the eye away from most crafty mishaps and day of the week!

Speaking of a day of the week - you know if it's Monday, I have loads of fun ahead of me!  Bonus: a facetime chat with a friend!  I'd better hit the shower! 

OH! In honor of that friend and her great I.D.E.A.S. I'm happy to share this Anything Goes card with her!


Thanks for stopping by! You make my Mondays brighter than my whites!
=] Michele

20 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

When life gives you lemons…make lemonade….and such sweet lemonade you made
my friend…only you could pull that off!

Karen said...

No mishaps visible from here! It's just lovely! I'm a fan of that embossing folder as well. I think it just might end up on my wish list.

HilaryJane said...

Well aren't you clever. No one would ever have known if you hadn't told us. It has turned out so well. I love it xx

Cat Craig said...

Well it looks like you could save a bunch of cash...just get the stencils and dies from now on. Beautifully done and maybe even better than the original. Love it.

LeAnne said...

Well, you could get a new job drawing floral outline stamps! Perfection! You are quite clever and there is apparently no end to your talent! Just beautiful!

Darlene said...

Yes, crafting friends are THE BEST!!! These cards are simply STUNNING (as is all your designs). Once day I'll drive over to Michigan to visit with Diane (Nellie's Nest) and we'll have to make a road trip and meet up with you half way for lunch. Wouldn't that be fun!!

Lisa Elton said...

Who needs stamps with abilities like this! Altenew should hire you! Fabulous card, Michele!

lostinpaper said...

WOW, what an ingenious solution my friend, the result is beautiful... now, if only you lived closer, I happen to have this stamp set, and yes I agree, the sentiments are divine!

Bonnie said...

I would never have known that you did this from a stencil and not stamped! WOW! And beautifully colored! It looks so classy on the embossed slimline background! You are so clever!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm certainly not seeing any mishaps here Michele...only one very BEAUTIFUL card! If you hadn't said, I never would have known you didn't have the stamp set...you improvised just beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

You amaze me, Girl! Over and over, I'm blown away by your ingenuity and this time, sketching! Wow, one would never know this was hand drawn by you and not a stamp. Hope you had fun on your chat!!!

Birgit said...

What a great way to overcome not having the stamp set. No one would be the wiser, as your copic drawing looks perfect to me! Beautifully done Michele!

Jeanne said...

You are such an artist, my friend. What a beautiful rendition. I love your can do nature. I hope you had a fantastic day.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You did a beautiful job with this. It is so lovely and wonderfully and artfully done!

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is an absolute testimony of your talent my friend! You're drawing is impeccable, truly a work of art!

Darnell said...

Well, look at you, hiding your sketching abilities under a bushel, M! I am SO impressed and just love the entirety of this design! Thank you for the shoutout and for playing with me and my I.D.E.A.S. and thank you, too, for the face time catch-up and the laughs! Hugs, D

Leslie Miller said...

I never would have tried this, but you pulled it off beautifully! I'm super impressed! It's a really lovely set and on your card it shines. I love the green and that gorgeous embossed panel. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Bobby said...

I've seen your drawings so I would have had no doubt you could pull this off, Michele. If you hadn't told us we would have thought it was meant to be exactly the way you drew it. It looks fabulous and that embossed background really sets it off beautifully.

Kim S said...

I am impressed. I could take an image with a piece of vellum on top and try to trace over it exactly and it would still look terrible! But your work is truly beautiful.

donna mikasa said...

I've heard of stampers drawing in a stencil and you've done an outstanding job, even going awry (which I can't tell) adds to the charm. Well done!