Friday, April 19, 2024

Just us Girls #723

I don't know where they find them but Vicki at Just us Girls has given us another gorgeous mood-board to play cards with this week ... take a look for yourself:


You may find my inspiration quite easy to spot when you see my card ...


I knew just the sunflower I wanted to play with again - this is 
Into the Blooms: Sunflower from Papertrey Ink
The flower head's layers were cut from C&9th Nectar card stock then
treated to a bit of blended ink - starting with CP Orange Bliss, on to 
Pigment Craft Co. Seagrass, and ending with the darkest brown
from CP Icing on the Cake.  The stalk and leaves were cut from a grey card
and then I blended a touch of green to capture that dusty look from the photo.

Besides their gorgeous sunflower, I couldn't help but notice those wonderful seashells!  My background was created with two papers from 
HoneyBee's Vitamin Sea paper collection.  

Another sentiment from SB's Betterpress A Little Message - they
always know just what I want to say.

With that, I'll say a big thank you for spending a bit of your time with me this week!  Hope you have a great weekend - getting crafty or doing whatever makes you happy!
=] Michele


Thanks SO very much, Vicki - such an honor!

20 comments:

Darnell said...

A stunner, M, and an out-of-the-park take on the mood board! No one can compete with your challenge expertise, but we appreciate the consistent inspiration you are! You enjoy the weekend, too! Hugs, D

TK said...

Glorious! I'm absolutely loving the photos Vicki chose for inspiration, but your peachy tones are just the medicine, Michele. What a perfectly sweet card!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the depth your sunflower has! Those Honey Bee papers compliment it well. Fabulous card, Michele. So happy to spot it in the JUGs gallery!

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous sunflower! Beautiful colors, and I love the whole sunflower-by-the-sea look of this. Wonderful take on the mood board and such a warm and lovely card!

donna mikasa said...

Perfect take on the moodboard and I'm loving a peach sunflower!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning inspired card! That flower is beautiful. Thanks for joining in JUGS.

lostinpaper said...

Lovely Michele!! I am wondering though... did you consider removing a couple of petals from the bloom?... it must have been tempting lol.

Bobby said...

Your sunflower is gorgeous, Michele, and what great blue-gray paper for the background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful sunflower and pretty card. The sunflower has so much detail as does your lovely background. TFS

Cat Craig said...

Michele, this card is a STUNNER. Love it all from the papers to the sentiment and that gorgeous bloom. WOW~

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty sunflower and looks even more beautiful with the pretty background paper! You nailed this challenge, my friend!

ElizStewart said...

Michele... Love your sunflower! I made a sunflower as well and was gently educated that the flower in the moodboard is a gerber daisy. You have no idea how excited I am, that you too, might be flower illiterate. Great card!

Jeanne said...

Oh my heavens, this is stunning, Michele. My jaw dropped when I looked at this card. I'm so glad to live in a world where you create and I get to see your artistic and beautiful creations. Thank you so much for sharing!

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, I see where the inspiration came from and your card is wonderful! That sunflower is gorgeous Michele and colored just beautifully, and I'm loving your background dsp too! And you know I love those sentiments and can't wait for you to bring that set back over, as I only have 2 left and have been hoarding them!! Hugs. :0)

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful sunflower…… front and center stage where it belongs!

LeAnne said...

Not quite sure how I missed this beauty! What beautiful papers and an equally beautiful flower! Stunning!

Birgit said...

What's not to love about this beautiful sunflower?? You've captured the colors and mood of the board perfectly with this stunning card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So stunning! Beautiful blended colours on that gorgeous sunflower!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous and clever. I love the shell and starfish papers in the background and then that beautiful flower in the moodboard colors. That diecut is amazing and colored so wonderfully! So glad you played at JUGS!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your win at JUGS.