Sunday, October 8, 2023

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #49

Do you have favorite Christmas supplies that come out every year?  I sure do ... here is one of them: those darling deer from PTI: Deer to Me*!  This year they are a decoration in front of a new door from The Greetery called Elegant Entrance Arches!  I'm hoping we'll have the time to add a new paper house to our display this year - and use that gorgeous door!  I found beautiful inspiration from the Peace on Earth Christmas challenge #49.


I die cut the door from a deep charcoal card then used the 'cutouts' to do a little stonework around the doorframe.  My glass is a wonderful, flocked vellum from my friend Cat - thanks again, my friend!  I love the memory of doing this with stencils on our front window!  Does anyone remember the liquid that we used to do it?  

An arched die from Waffle Flower was used to cut an arch from my card front about the same size as the window in that door to allow light to shine through.
I've attempted to capture that here:


The die comes with 'door handles' but I cut two extras, clipped them in half-ish and used them to create 'hinges.'  Wouldn't I love a front door like that one! 
 

We were off gallivanting during Saturday's World Card Making day - hope you all had lots of fun!  
=]
Thank you!!  Such an honor!


*the berries and pine here are from PTI's Simply Snowmen set - more of that soon!

21 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I hope you enjoyed your gallivanting. What a wonderful word that is. Your arched doorway looks very special with the light shining through. Great idea to add the stonework with the offcuts. It looks fab xx

Karen said...

This is stunning, and I've taken note of the changes you made to the original door. We were on the road during WCM Day as well, second year in a row.

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! So elegant! And yes I sprayed windows everywhere when I was a kid…./Glass Wax and stencils! I can still smell it….60 years later!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! That door die(!)with the vellum glass - oh yes please! This card is amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is spectacular! I love what you did with the extra little bits from the door die, it adds so much interest. And that vellum in the background... so pretty!

lostinpaper said...

I love the light shining through and you are so clever to add some hinges to the doors too! Sigh!

Jeanne said...

We were galivanting, too! Your card is just beautiful. Love every detail and am amazed yet again at your cardmaking abilities. I shouldn't be, since you are so consistently good! I love seeing what your creative mind thinks up. Have a happy day!

Birgit said...

Adorable Michele! Yes, I too would love to have a door that looks like that. I wouldn't mind the deer hanging out on my porch either!

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow..amazing card Michele! I love the gold details with the black door..so clever and well done mf
xx Karen

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Michele. Love the gold hinges and door handles. The deer remind me of big wood ones my Mom and Dad made for several people. Sadly I'm not one of them but my granddaughter has the ones they made for my daughter so I can see them every Christmas.

Cindy C. said...

It looks awesome!

Marcia Hill said...

I would LOVE a door like that too Michele...how stunning in the black! Loving the little extra brick pieces too and of course, also the deer! I wouldn't mind a set of those sitting on my front porch too! Your frosted glass looks fabulous too...such a lovely, lovely scene you've created my friend!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Such a pretty little scene! And yes, my mom used Glass Wax and a sponge...still have fond memories of that! A lovely Christmas creation! I have these deer (you're such an enabler) and I plan to use them soon!

Brenda said...

Wow, I'd love a door like that too Michele. LOL What a gorgeous card for Christmas! I do love those sweet deer too and they look great with this door die. It is definitely to die for! Nope, we never did anything to our windows when I was a kid, so I have no clue what was used. I bet it was cool looking though! Hugs, Brenda

Karren said...

Oh that door looks amazing as do the cute deer! Striking and beautiful card!

TK said...

Adorable! Love all the extra details that you've added too.

I remember the tempera paints we used to use!

Darlene said...

OMG this is so, so adorable Michele! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic door and I still have the stencils we used to decorate our windows and door with Glass Wax! We were always so excited to decorate them! Not so excited about getting the glass wax off, but Mom was happy with the clean windows! I just got this deer set, thanks to your enabling! Can't wait to get to them. Now do I need this door? Probably.

Virginia L. said...

Oh me oh my...these are DEER-lightful and BEAUTIFUL!

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what a wonderful Christmas card, Michele! Your deep charcoal door is amazing, and the deer are adorable! I love your "cutout" stones, the frosted glass windows, and the gold metal parts you've added to the door. They make the door look so special! Even the sentiment strip looks like a house sign!
Hideko xx