Friday, October 4, 2024

Penny Black Christmas!

I'm not going to lie - this will be a long post!  I'll keep the chatter to a minimum - grab a beverage, and let's get to it!

Penny Black has a new release - yes, of course I shopped!  But before those newest goodies arrive here are a few cards using the LAST few I bought!

First up: Stocking Stuffers!  Following Jill's lead on an older PB&J video, I created lots of water-y colored watercolor cardstock, and die-cutting galore... my favorite first...


These first two using a deckle-edge die set from PTI...


... and this one using that old favorite woodgrain die from Lil' Inkers:


I love the 'felt-like' texture that the water-colored pieces have!

Next up: three cards using the die cuts and a stamped image I brought home with me from Marcia's!


Both feature the lovely PB Double frame - but only one frame was used.


Sentiment: PB Joy & Warmth - background Wplus9 no longer available.


Altenew's Moroccan Tile is in the background.  The tiny sentiments
are from the old RC Triangle Tree set I used recently.
PB re-released this image, but Marcia had the Lily of the Valley gray rubber version!

One more berry die had to be added to my stash - PB Winter Berry Branch ... btw Bonnie made me do it!


I always cut these branches from Canson 140# water card and
often use Distress inks for water coloring - as I did here.
PB's slapstick Music Background stamp was used for the background panel -
stamped in Gathered Twig DOX over a washed/die cut panel.

Well! That wasn't too bad, right?  Hope you don't mind!
=] Michele

No comments: