Friday, March 22, 2024

A little PB [with no J] Day!

Do you have sets with images you just love to color?  That's how I feel about Penny Black!  I have a dozen or so 'every day' images and at least that many Christmas-y ones that I just never tire of!  So that's what today's makes are all about!

It all began when I made a birthday card for a friend - it's winging its way to her as I speak so I won't share that one YET!  But before the set got put away, another card was born... then another with a different PB set, then another!  You get the picture.

Let's start with one I CAN share: Penny Black's Friendship - in fact it's heading to Freshly Made Sketches #628 and made with Narelle's fun sketch in mind...


I have a friend in need of a little pick me up and these guys surely
do it for me when my spirits need lifting!


Okay... you know I'm all about the birds... this one from Peaceful Time will head to Time Out #259 for their 'Birds of a Feather' co-challenge with the JUGS gals.


My coloring panel of mixed media paper was a bit short of a full front panel, so I just added 
another under it... I ran them together through my machine
with one of my favorite debossing plates - sorry it isn't available any longer - sniff, sniff - and mopped up all the leftover inks on my glass mat.  I love the colors that resulted.
A sweet little postage stamp die from Wplus9 was a good place to tweet a greeting.


Card #3 is heading to the sweet gal that sent me this darling pink embossed panel... it came out a little differently than I'd planned during out chat, Lisa!


This bunny comes from the set, Special Friends, that got the ball rolling today.  
I'll share that birthday card as soon as I know it has been
delivered to the birthday girl!  I love it stamped in brown - and how
can a girl go wrong with brown + pink?  An inked embossing folder
gave this big Waffle Flower Crafts [Nesting] egg a very pretty chocolate pattern.
Miss Bunny brought her own little egg to the party, too.  It took a dip
in the leftover pink puddle and was also treated to that debossing - still love
that sweet little heart that shows up in this Lil Inker plate.

And with that, I don't need to say another thing!  Except thanks so much for stopping by, my friends!  Happy weekend!
=] Michele

22 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Three awesome cards Michele! You had me right away with your first card...I mean what's not to love about those furry fellas in the boat?! They totally make me smile! And your birdie card is wonderful too! Colored perfectly and I love your background also! Your bunny and egg card is FABULOUS my friend! I mean I'm always about a chocolate bunny, and that egg is just plain GORGEOUS!! Wonderful cards my friend! Hugs. :0)

Barb Best said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards!!! I so enjoy your blog!

Barb Best said...

Will you share the name of the darling PENNY BLACK dog stamp you used?? Thank you so much!

Carol said...

Love your little birdie sittin' in the tree Michele. I really like all the details in him and the branch. The stitched background looks just like a tree. So glad you shared this sweet card with us for our bird theme with Time Out. We always like to see you in our JUGS gallery!

HilaryJane said...

Those dogs in that boat - what can I say. You just have to smile, so cute. The other cards are great too of course, but it is the dogs every time for me. Thanks for cheering me up xx

Julia Aston said...

Such lovely designs shown here Michele! I have that sweet dogs in the boat stamp and I've only used it once - I love it cut out and popped on your die cut panel and it looks like you used a similar background die on your sweet brown bird (a wren or sparrow?!). What a lovely lacey egg you created for that cute bunny too! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

Those pups in the boat always bring a smile, the big fella in the back looks a little worried! The pretty little bird you added to our JUGs gallery looks right at home on that cute background. Still kicking myself for not having bought that one! I like where that embossed panel ended up even better. But then again, what's not to love about a bunny and a chocolatey egg!

lostinpaper said...

You had me with those puppies on the boat, it's one of my fave images and I love colouring it too! Thank you for the eye candy and inspiration yet again... and yes, to chocolate and pink together (or just chocolate on it's own lol).

Bonnie said...

WOW! Snow keeps you inside making pretty cards, my friend! Love the friends in a tub floating their way to a friend in need! The little bird is one that you've used before and enabled me to add to my collection. This is a beautiful reminder to give her an outing! And that bunny is so sweet and the chocolate egg is fantastic!

Cat Craig said...

Michele, those are fabulous cards and I can see why your love to color them. Can't wait to see more.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I so love each of these cards, Michele. Your bird is so gorgeous. I love the way you added the second panel on the bottom and debossed both. The mop up really resulted in a beautiful background. I love the branch he is perches on an the postage stamp sentiment. I was so happy to see you in the galleries! Thanks for playing with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

Jeanne said...

Oh boy! What a delightful post filled to the brim with fabulous cards! Thank you for always inspiring!

Bobby said...

Your creative mind was on a roll, Michele. I love how one thing led to another and the results are terrific. Those dogs in a boat are so much fun and the chocolate Easter egg was an inspired make. That sweet little bird is wonderful on the mopped, embossed panel. Thanks for sharing that one with the Time Out/ Just Us Girls collaboration challenge.

LeAnne said...

These are all so cute, I can't decide which one I love the most, although that bunny did make me go "Awwww", so I'd say he's the winner! Although that birdie one is pretty sweet too...oh shoot, I love them all!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful, all! I love the dogs and their fun colors. Always glad to see you at FMS!

TK said...

All three are amazing, Michele! Love the sweet friends, all having each others' backs; the sweet bird whisking its way across the whispy winds to find its recipient and the adorable compilation that you call card #3! So much pretty/sweet elements, and then there's that sweet heart...

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure you know how I love ALL these cards! Beautifully designed and colored. My favorite stamps come from PB and I have stacks waiting to be colored before I put them in the PB bin. Those dogs, sigh.. The die does cut them nicely. I can't count how many times I've used the bird. Your seamless debossed background is perfect for it. Your bunny card is such a sweet arrangement of pretty things. Such a lovely and delicate embossed background. Thanks for all this eye candy, Michele!

baileyrosy.com said...

A fabulous trio ! I'm not a very good colourer in in fact I'm just awful so I always delight in my crafty friends who can and you most certainly can.

Marie

Linda Callahan said...

Puppies in boat - could that be any cuter?? A sweet lineup of cards here today!

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, Michele, and I totally agree about Penny Black images. Some of my oldest stamps are Penny Black and they are still wonderful! Thanks for popping by FMS with your delightful friendship card.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a fabulous trio, Michele! The one with the three dogs makes me smile, they are so fun, so happy! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at FMS

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful cards, Michele.. I love each one of them. Love the cute bird with beautiful stiched background. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti