Thursday, May 11, 2023

Then you turn yourself around...

No, I'm not doing the hokey-pokey but I have been a little bit slowpoke-y about sharing a fun day I had recently with Concord & 9th's latest Turnabout:  Mod Turnabout Stamp!  

I'll be totally honest, before I bought their Jig, I had a LOT of trouble lining up these stamps - but they are SO cute!  I'm so grateful C&9th conquered the challenge!

Because I didn't want to cover one little bit of this fun pattern, I chose to do some simple stamping with that sweet little snail-mail character.  Hope you like them!

I'm waiting on the new Concord & 9th inks to be back in stock at Doodlebugs - 
these were done with other inks that I love.




I love the look achieved by just stamping a few of the turns- 
or stamping more than one turn in the same ink!



I just love having a little fun with his snail-trail!


A little life share:  when my Doodlebugs Friday post hits tomorrow, Tom and I will be on the ferry boat to Mackinac Island!  Any Somewhere in Time fans out there??  It was filmed on Mackinac!  It's a favorite for sure - please do yourself a favor and watch it - how can you go wrong with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeves? 

It's hard to imagine that this Michigander hasn't ever stepped foot on her Island before - I can't wait to step back in time, as there are no motor vehicles allowed on the Island!   What a wonderful place to celebrate our 28th anniversary!

=] Michele

15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant, well done for mastering it. I want to see it in all the colours. Great use of the snail too. Have a wonderful time on your break. Mackinac Island looks like a very special place - enjoy xx

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations on 28 years, Happy Anniversary. I loved Somewhere in Time. Enjoy your trip. Great work with the turn abouts...

Marcia Hill said...

I love all 3 cards Michele, but especially the 1st one...I think it's the colors that draw me in! And that little snail is just too cute!! Enjoy your weekend at Mackinac and eat a piece of fudge for me!! And yes, both Chris and I are Somewhere in Time fans and love, LOVE the soundtrack!!😊❤️

TK said...

Adorkable, I mean adorable cards, Michele! We can always count on you for great puns and fun silliness, along with your enjoyable cards

Linda Callahan said...

Totally delightful cards! And Happy Anniversary! Mackinaw Island is beautiful…..the Big Guy and I were there …..BK….before kids…..so let’s see that would be over 45 years ago!

Jeanne said...

These cards are so sweet, Michele! Thanks for sharing them. Love that little snail and the sentiment snailed it! As for Mackinac Island...yay for you! My mom and dad spent a little time there on their honeymoon! It was sweet story growing up. My mom and I were big fans of the movie and the music. I heard the theme not too long ago on our classical station and it almost made me misty for my mom. Have a wonderful time! Happy Anniversary, how magical for you! Crafty hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great card set! Very fun and colorful

Brenda said...

How fun are these cards Michele?!! I love the turnabout stamps when I see them, don't own any but did look into them and the jig. Like you, don't think I could do it without the jig. LOL This one is a cool one, one I really like! But what do I love better???? That adorable snail! I love how you used him on these cards as well as his snail trail. LOL The first color combo is my favorite of the three, what is it about green with me-it always catches my eye. Enjoy that trip my friend! That is one island I'd love to see just because there are no motor vehicles allowed. I didn't realize either that "Somewhere in Time" was JS & CR were just "babies" then! But I was too then. LOL Hugs, Brenda

Leslie Miller said...

It's hard to believe that movie has been around 35-40 years now! I kid you not, so many things seem like yesterday. What super fun cards today! I love the graphic backgrounds in the colors you chose, and the snails crawling about with their happy faces and the fun sentiments are giving me smiles. You're going to have a wonderful trip to the island. We are finally having some nice weather here this weekend and I'll be outside loving it!

Lisa Elton said...

Okay, these are too cute! The little snail was a good choice for these and I like your colors (especially the second one!). I hope you and Tom love the island as much as Shawn and I do. Love the movie and the soundtrack! Happy Anniversary xoxo

Bobby said...

This turnabout is the one we used at the C9 booth at CREATE. It is very mod and such a fun look, especially when it includes snails. Happy Anniversary!

Bonnie said...

Cute, cute snail mail cards, Michele! I haven't seen that movie. Maybe tonight. Happy Anniversary to you both, my friend!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, these are so much fun. Love those little snails. Funny, I have several turn about stamps and had difficulty. Then I bought the jig and never touched them again. Time to pull them out again! Thank you very much!!!

donna mikasa said...

You SNAILED it with the turnabout stamp and that slimy little critter! Great color combos, too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Happy belated 28th Anniversary, Michele and Tom! I'm sure you had a wonderful time on Mackinac Island!
Love allthese three cards with little snails!! Lovely color combos for cool stamped patterns! The matching card shape (mod rectangular) is a wonderful touch.
Hideko xx