Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Mums!

 Okay.  Here's the deal ... my 'birth' flower is the Chrysanthemum.  NOT my favorite flower by any means.   But when Pinkfresh Studios introduced their Chrysanthemum collection recently, I just could not resist them - the colors are so pretty that I couldn't wait until November to share them with you!


A funny thing happened while waiting for my Glimmer machine to heat up... I tried 'debossing' this Heart Grid hot foil plate.  Well, I forgot the rubber mat - who would have thought it would cut right through the cardstock?  Not me - but I love the results above.  I do NOT recommend you try this at home!  I pretty much destroyed one of my acrylic plates! OY!
Other PF dies Braided Circles created the circle and these wonderful sentiments.


This time I left the debossing to the proper product - this one from Reverse Confetti.  That Altenew Label sure gets a workout in my studio! 


Last but not least I put my latest Spellbinder [Stylized Trellis] Embossing Folder Club to work with some discontinued paper from MFT - sure wish they'd bring this natural paper back.  It's a perfect match to this wonderful linen thread from my friend LeAnne!  
Doily Tag die from Neat & Tangled.

I found some pretty panels and a beautiful tag to showcase these Chrysanthemums today.  Washi tape cut with the coordinating dies are a fun way to make quick work of creating cards.  I just love the water-y colors of these mums!  Hope you do, too!

=] Michele

18 comments:

HilaryJane said...

You are spoiling us today, not one but three amazing cards to feast our eyes on. Thank you xx

lostinpaper said...

Gotta agree GF, these are not the 'usual' chrysanthemums, and you have knocked all of these out of the ballpark!! WOW! ps great mistake with the heart plate lol.

Brenda said...

Goodness, the chrysanthemum is not your favorite flower?! I love them! I'm glad you found some you like though. I am loving these myself! Yikes on the debossing issue, but boy does it look pretty! Sorry you destroyed one of your acrylic plates though. All your cards are gorgeous Michele! I am loving that natural paper color too, it would be nice if MFT's brought it back. Maybe you like your birth flower a tiny bit more now? I'm lily of the valley, just a teeny, tiny flower. LOL Hugs, Brenda

TK said...

Absolutely gorgeous, each and every one! Pretty flowers, pretty backdrops (sorry about the plate!), and the tag on your last card is just stunning -- terrific composition on each card

Papercraft Boutique said...

These pretty Chrysanthemum colors look even prettier against white, Michele! I LOve all three card designs! You're so good at creating backgrounds and backdrops to make focal images shine!
Hideko xx

Linda Callahan said...

I always learn something when I visit here - who knew there were birth flowers?!?! Well I think your chrysanthemums are fabulous on all of your cards - and as always your embossed/diecut backdrops are wonderful! Now off to find my birth flower......my luck it will be cauliflower....

Marcia Hill said...

All 3 are absolutely beautiful Michele and I can see why you HAD TO HAVE the washi tape...sooooo pretty!! I love your happy accident with the foil heart plate...such a cool looking background! Bummer about the acrylic plate though!! My favorite though is the card with embossing folder background (you'll see I used it too in my post for tomorrow)...absolutely GORGEOUS!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! ❤️

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is as beautiful as the next with the last being my favorite! No need to wait until November to share those mums. They're used all year round in a variety of colors in floral arrangements!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Michele, these are all stunning. I just love the details of each. You have some of the neatest products to play with. I love seeing where your creative mind takes you. Except when you almost destroy something in the process. That's not so fun to hear. Thanks so much for shaing. Crafty hugs!

Birgit said...

These are stunning, Michele! I love the warm colors you used. Sorry to hear you destroyed an embossing plate, but the background really did come out great. ;0)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Each one of these is so special. The colors are gorgeous. Each setting is so different, and one more beautiful than the next. I had to laugh about the heart hot foil plate and the destruction it caused... I'm sorry. Just struck me funny, but it looks fabulous! A truly wonderful trio of gorgeousness.

LeAnne said...

Sorry you messed up your plate, but I'm not sorry you were able to create something so beautiful! They're ALL gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Ahh, they do have the most amazing washi tape! Your mums are particularly beautiful against the white with these lovely arrangements and supporting elements. I'm sorry about your ruined plate, though you did get a very pretty background from it. Love the SB embossing folder and the soft gray. All three cards are eye candy!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, these mums are gorgeous and so is each card, Michele! Each has a fabulous background that shows off the flowers beautifully! You are tempting me with shopping again, my friend.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, and the chrysanthemums are lovely.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Michele, these cards are all so beautiful! You my friend, are super talented!

Kim S said...

SO many gorgeous details in each of these!! The backgrounds, the base layer, the flowers, the glimmered sentiments!! It was worth the sacrifice of an acrylic plate!!!

nancy littrell said...

How did I ever miss these Gorgeous Washi Tape die cut mums cards, Michele. All 3 cards are very different and very beautiful, my friend. Your CAS Crisp card designs are stunning. TFS and always inspiring...Love and Hugs..Nancy