Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Playing Cards with Friends - January 2023

My playdate in December fell through, sadly - so it's with renewed vigor and enthusiasm that I'm back with my first 
Playing Cards with Friends session for 2023!

This month my very special guest is from my Instagram group of friends!  Melinda's 'IG handle' is what caught my eye first: @itsacardknocklife is so very clever, don't you agree?  And a very clever card maker she is - Melinda shares lots of techniques and story reels/tutorials on her feed... all gorgeous! 

I was thrilled when Melinda said yes to my invitation to play - here are our requirements for our cards:

Did you know today is International Thank you day? 
Make a thank you card with a water-colored bouquet - seemed like a good choice for our assignment!

My card started by stamping a Penny Black [a sweet Christmas gift from a friend who knows how much I love tulips] called Springtide onto watercolor cardstock.

 

Then I stretched the stamp to lengthen the stems so they would show properly from the bottom of my 'wrap' along with a bit of rudimentary no-line water coloring.

My wrap is one of the Nesting Slimline Labels cut from kraft card...

... you'll spot another behind it, on top of a panel of kraft card cut with
a HoneyBee Scalloped frame ... topped with a HoneyBee sentiment!
Thanks a bunch was perfect - stamped and gold heat embossed!



Melinda thank you so very much for starting this year of Playing Cards with me!

Of course, I would love it if you all stopped by Melinda's Instagram page - she's even been kind enough to add her card to her blog for those who can't.

Thanks, bunches, for stopping by today!
=] Michele

19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Gosh I love how you've done this card Michele!! There is so much dimension, and that bundle of tulips is just beautifully water colored! Loving that wrap and the gold embossed sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

Wow, those tulips look amazing such a lovely rich colour which is enhanced by your use of kraft and white. Love it xx

Anonymous said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

What a great idea to use the label as a floral wrap, Michele. Those tulips are beautifully watercolored and the sentiment perfect.

lostinpaper said...

Thank you my friend, for being so very AMAZING! Love you and your gorgeous design, off to check out your friend's too!

Brenda said...

Oh my, what a fabulous card Michele! I did not know that it was International Thank You Day, who knew.....I guess you did! Love this card, the watercolored tulips are gorgeous and I love how you lengthened the stems. Such a creative idea to use a label to wrap the tulips, I love this idea! You are always so creative and thinking out of the box. Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

Such pretty tulips, Michele, and beautifully wrapped! What a great gift!

Melinda said...

This is so beautiful Michele!! I love that extended the stems to fit the card. Thanks so much for inviting me to play along and encouraging me to use my rusty blogging skills.

Lisa Elton said...

Look at you!!! That wrap idea is INcredible... just like you! Fabulous card, Michele!

Vikki H said...

I love reading your posts to catch the "how & why" behind the beauty! And now I don't need to buy a flower wrap die.

TK said...

Adorable card, and I just love that you used the label as a wrap! Pretty colors. Off to see Melinda's card

Jeanne said...

This is a lovely card and thanks a bunch for sharing it! So happy you got to play!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your design, Michele. I do need to get those slimline labels out more often, I love them and I love the way you used the large one here. And so clever a eay to extend the stems. A beautiful card indeed.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, loving your tip on the cut stems and so brilliant to use the lable as a wrap.

Leslie Miller said...

Would you look at that you clever girl! You'd never suspect what was going on inside that wrap. Beautiful tulips and I love the whole design!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I LOve the clever design of this card, Michele! The extended stems, the white label backdrop, and the Nesting Slimline Label wrap! Thanks so much for your inspiration! Glad to see your "Playing Cards with Friends" resumed! Off to Melinda's blog.
Hideko xx

Linda Callahan said...

Very clever how you stretched that lovely bouquet! And I love the clever title of Melissa's blog!!! Why didn't I think of that?!? Off to see Melissa's card~

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful - I love a tulip for spring time too!

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I love tulips too. Thanks for showing this wonderful card and how you made the stems longer. Card made me :-)