Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Flower Challenge #60 - reminder!

Have you played along with The Flower Challenge #60 yet?  There's still time and we have a fun color challenge this month:  Turquoise!!   Our team has really featured this color beautifully, and we have a wonderful Guest Designer this month, too!  You don't want to miss Kailash's beautiful creations!  

I found myself reaching for my Distress inks, and little slip of acetate, for my reminder card... hope it sparks a little creative mess in YOUR craft studio, too!  

After smooshing a bit of Oxide ink onto my craft mat, I spritz it with water, and pick up the water-y ink with a piece of acetate from packaging, and adding it to a panel of water color card stock.  LOTS of Oxide ink first, then dried, and repeated the process with original Distress Inks - it will be seen as darker, more intense color here...


After it was completely dry, I reached for a favorite die from The Stamp Market - Ready to Bloom!  It does ALL the work, all I had to do was arrange the blooms, lifting some, and leaving room for a sweet little sentiment - no longer available, sorry!  Since we're celebrating turquoise, I even stamped my sentiment in a darker shade of it:  Jade - also from The Stamp Market!


I sprinkled a few of those blooms' centers around for embellishment -
is it awful I find I can't waste a thing?  Simple, but they work on my very CAS card.

Okay, it's time for me to send you over to see all the beautiful reminders at The Flower Challenge!  It's also time for you to play along, don't you think?   We love seeing your gorgeous cards in our gallery!

=]  Michele

21 comments:

conil said...

Waste anything??? I think not hence my bowl full of snippets. I see yours were well used on this card. Love how clean it is yet full of interest and color. Simply perfect.

Dotty Jo said...

Swoon! Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Hey yourself! This is fresh, clean and fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like a good smoosh! Such a happy splash of flowers!

Loll said...

LOVE this very modern design, Michele. Those flowers are gorgeous from your smooshed background. And I love all the bits you've used ... it's truly a STUNNING card! xx

TK said...

Wow! I'm drawn in by the gorgeous turquoise but then there's so much other beauty -- that die, the dots (no it isn't silly) -- simply wonderful

lostinpaper said...

Brilliant and modern take on the 'turquoise' challenge my friend!

Jeanne said...

You are the queen of use it up and do so beautifully! Thanks for sharing this lovely card. :)

Kim S said...

LOVE the texture you created on these dainty flowers!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Such beautiful flowers, Michele! Wouldn't it be fun to be in a shower of these beautiful blooms!

Mac Mable said...

So very pretty, love the design layout and those tiny little centres x. The way you've done those little flowers look absolutely beautiful Michele x.

Bobby said...

I love the way you playfully arranged those darling little blooms, Michele. The smooshing colored them beautifully with lights and darks.

Nora Noll said...

Totally BREATHTAKING design!!! LOVE this fun technique and your beautiful card!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful. The blooms work well with the font of the sentiment.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Now that is something unique... Wonderful Michele!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such a gorgeous turquoise flower card, Michele! The ink smooshed turquoise flowers look so fresh on the solid white card base. The dimension of some of the flowers and the tiny bits for embellishment add so much interest to this clean and simple card! Love it!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Very clever and very COOL ink smooshing, Michele...I love the effects with your technique and can't wait to try it for myself! Thanks for the inspiration ~ xx

TaeEun said...

Love how you splattered the little turquoise flowers, Michele! And the little dots are filling the gap perfectly!!! Beautiful CAS card!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, YES, this is what I almost did for my card but with the EH Mod Floral BG. GMTA!!

Brenda said...

I've never thought to use both kinds of Distress Inks together Michele, but I love the look you got in that beautiful background. The flowers are so pretty cut out of it! The flower centers certainly do make the best embellishment, I would have never thought that is what that was. lol I love this CAS card! Hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

Sheer gorgeousness! That is all.