Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Playing Cards with Friends - September 2021 Edition!

My guest this month is familiar to most of you, I'm sure - she has the most wonderful way with CAS, and I just know she'll knock my socks off with every card she makes as a designer at any of the CAS family of challenges - currently CAS Christmas.  Please welcome my September guest:  Hideko from Papercraft Boutique!   A darling friend who lives so far away from me in California - no, we haven't met YET!  But it is a shared dream between us!  [Look out Matt, and Tom!]

Today is National Coloring Day!  To celebrate it, and our shared love of Altenew florals, our parameters were very simple:

Color an Altenew image, using any medium at all!

There was an image I had saved in my phone to try another day.  Playing Cards with Hideko, and National Coloring Day, was the perfect time to attempt it.  Here is the image I had saved to my phone:

Enterprise Times UK 2018

Now I have a limited number of pinks in my Copics collection - so please keep that in mind.  It was this dark pond that I was really trying to capture - don't ask how many layers of Copics,  and Prismacolor pencils were used!  I think my paper had absorbed as much ink as was possible!

Altenew's Inked Lotus to the rescue - with the hint of a few leaves from an older Altenew Lotus set.  Ready? 


Hideko, you always leave the sweetest compliments [and always see
things about my cards that no one else does] - thanks for being a wonderful 
friend, and for playing cards with me today!  


I cannot wait another second to see your card my friend - hope you ALL join me, please!  Oh and do color a little something today in your own studios in honor of National Coloring Day!

=]  Michele

p.s. This sweet sentiment is from The Stamp Market, but heat embossed with Altenew Rose Gold!

22 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Your Lotus is just BEAUTIFUL Michele, but your background is STUNNING!! You definitely nailed your inspiration photo, and I can just imagine what the backside of that piece of cardstock looks like! Haha!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

conil said...

Oh. My. God. Michele, you have absolutely replicated your inspiration. I can see the foliage behind that spectacular bloom in the depth of your background. Mysterious and inspirational. And the flowers coloring is delicate yet powerful against that deep green. Think you've outdone yourself girl.

Cat Craig said...

I have few words for this stunning bit of coloring. WOW>

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful coloring my friend!

LeAnne said...

Wow just doesn't seem to be impressive enough to describe my first thoughts of this card! It is stunning! You've outdone yourself!

HilaryJane said...

Simply beautiful. You have given your lotus flower such depth and dimension, it is fabulous xx

Mac Mable said...

WOW what an amazing card. The bakcogurnds is so atmospheric and what a beautiful lotus flower.
Hideko sure does notice the details in our card making and she sure is going to notice a few in this stunning card Michele x.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is a masterpiece, Michele! The dark background is perfect to show off this GORGEOUS lotus flower! You have outdone yourself, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Your watery leafy background is incredible, Michele! The coloring of the lotus is spectacular, you've given it so much depth. This is such a special card!

Aileen said...

I can see how that photo inspired you and the end result is just wonderful. Beautiful card my friend

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, your lotus card fantastic, Michele!
You did an amazing job of creating beautiful shades of the flower with all those fine pink lines (even with the limited number of your Copics pinks)!
And I LOve the different levels of depth in the dark green pond and the ghost-like lotus leaves ! I can't imagine how many layers of Copics and Prismacolor pencils you applied to create this beautiful pond.
The shiny rose gold sentiment adds a wonderful light to the scene. I'll treasure this card, my sweet friend!
Thank you so much for inviting me to this fun play date! Yes, I'll be dreaming of playing cards with you in person!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous background and love your pink lotus flower :)
Both you and Hideko are wonderful card makers and our online friends feel so close ♥

lostinpaper said...

Sooo beautifully coloured Michele, loving that dark background it really makes your gorgeous flower shine!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous depth and green and blue tone on tone layered background for your Stunning colored Lotus flower, Michele. How fun to have a creative playday with our dear sweet and very talented friend, Hideko:-) I love reading her comments not only on my cards, but her other friends cards too. She has a talent for picking out the little details that can make a homemade card or project very special:-) I LOVED Hideko's gorgeous no-line watercolored flower too! TFS your beauty my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Michele! Your background is stunning and I love how you created depth and dimension on your design! You did an amazing job coloring on this card, my friend...I love it ~ xx

Jeanne said...

Amazing work, my friend. It's elegant and lovely.

Bobby said...

The lights and darks of the green make it glow, Michele, and the beautiful lotus pops off it. The coloring on the lotus is beautiful. Such a gorgeous card.

Jeanne H said...

I too say WOW. Your coloring is absolutely beautiful and I do so admire it. How fun to play with someone however you do it. I will have to look in to how to do that. Keep sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the flower is fabulous but oh that dark mysterious background - I could get lost in there for days!

Brenda said...

Wow! You certainly achieved the beautiful depth in the background as is in the photo Michele! That is amazing! I love the flower, you have colored that to perfection too. It really pops against the mysterious background masterpiece. I'm simply in awe! I hope too, one day you and Hideko can met in person! Hugs, Brenda

Ros Crawford said...

My jaw just dropped... You made that Bg!!! OMG what a stunner, LOVE it! And Hideko is the sweetest.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, how FUN to play cards with the fabulous HIDEKO! Your card is just perfection! Hurrying over to Hideko's blog to see her masterpiece!