Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Woodblock Wednesday Guest Designer!


I was so happy to receive the invitation to be amy Tsuruta's guest designer for her fabulous Woodblock Wednesday

It just so happens my favorite woodblock stamp is from my day spent in the PNW with amy [and our friend Kimberly, too!] at Impress, in Tukwila! 

Once I get that little stamp out, I want to leave it out!!  Here she is, used in a few of my favorite ways... first one for amy, in her favorite color!


I even got my old Stamp-a-ma-jig out - still the
perfect way to line up these woodblocks!
 

Here are two more cards … using these fabulous Fresh Inks [also from Impress!].

In delicious clockwise order:
Melon, fig, persimmon, basil, harvest, and ginger
 
Double-dipping inks in totally allowed!
 

Here's another old tool that still comes in handy!
 


And here's a good save - garment tag pins!  
 

 
Thanks, dear friend … I loved playing cards with you on Woodblock Wednesday - or any day of the week!

Thank all of YOU for stopping by today - shall we go see what amy has in store today?  Let's go!
 
=]  Michele


11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Ya rocked em all Michele. Lovely cards.

Jeanne said...

Fabulous cards, Michele! And a bit of a walk down memory lane, to boot! Awesome-sauce! :)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty leaf! I love it in all the colors and especially with the sweet garment tag pin!

conil said...

I can see why you love this stamp...it's lovely...perfect for any season. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that background and the use of the twine. You were even able to use some embellies (sadly, neglected at my house). CAS perfection.

Lisa Elton said...

That's a pretty little leaf and I love that you inked it up in a variety of colors! Amy made a good choice picking you as her guest. You never disappoint ;)

lostinpaper said...

mmmm... I don't even know where my woodblock stamps are..... But you have have certainly not 'lost it', even with the stampamajig, you go GF!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot, Michele!
There's nothing like the feel of a woodblock stamp, I always say :) I've kept many of mine ~ I really love how you played with this beautiful leaf...so many great ideas, and your creative inking on the last 2 cards is amazing!

Nora Noll said...

Congrats on being the GD for this series!! I am LOVING how you used those leaves!

Bobby said...

Going old school on us huh, Michele? That wonderful leaf deserves its place as the star of your cards just as you deserve a guest designer spot.

Anita in France said...

One single wood block stamp and you create such loveliness with it, Michele! Such a lovely leaf, beautiful in all it's guises! Congratulations on this latest GD spot! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda Callahan said...

You are the MacGyver of the stamping world.....one little stamp? No problem......look at all the wonderful cards you created with it!