Three talented card makers/friends lived in my brain today. Believe me,
there's plenty of room up there! lol
bonded together with double-sided tape then dry-embossed!
Darnell enabled me to finally make a card - it is embossing week on
her fun I.D.E.A.S Calendar after all!
I searched for this SB Mandala embossing folder high and low and found one on Amazon. It has the most amazing detail... check it out...
Spellbinders' Mandala Blooms embossing folder and Sunflower Serenade dies.
Yana's Bouquet of Hugs Betterpress-ed sentiment
Would you believe me if I told you that the vellum was adhered to
the same curry cardstock as the sunflower? It really toned it down - maybe
my vellum was too heavy? At any rate, I love it and hope my
granddaughter does too - she requested a thank you note for a professor
she interned with this summer. The sentiment is perfect don't you think?
I hope you get over the hump [day] without a bump!
=] Michele

8 comments:
Thud! Gawp! The texture and depth of this finished result is just outstanding, M! Isn't that interesting about the color? Do you have the weight/manufacturer info on the vellum? Honestly, it looks like it's ceramic! And that sunflower die is MWAH! But, wait, there's more: excellent choice of sediment for the professor from your granddaughter! I'm so delighted you used the I.D.E.A.S. Calendar and let me play in your brain with Hilary and Leslie! Hugs, D
Oh my! That texture turned out incredibly stunning!
Absolutely stunning.
Gee whizzies! This is amazing! AND I do happen to have this EF, so perhaps I will give it a go! Gorgeous background for your pretty sunflower! A work of art for you granddaughter to gift to her professor!
That is one amazing embossing folder and the vellum probably helped the pattern show up even more! Amazing how the color changed. The vellum I used is super thin so that's the difference. The whole reason I even thought to do this in the first place was because I'd accidently bought a whole pack of very lightweight vellum that's actually intended for drawing animation. Plus, I had a LOT of double sided adhesive sheets left over from another project. Anyway... I love the effect of yours with the heavier vellum. What a perfect card for your granddaughter to give to her professor!
SO VERY PRETTY! I HAVE THIS EF ALSO, BUT WAS WONDERING WHAT TYPE OF DIE CUTTING/EMBOSSING MACHINE YOU USE. YOURS LOOKS MUCH PRETTIER THAN MINE ;)
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I love, LOVE that embossing folder Michele and how FABULOUS it looks with the heavier vellum! I've been meaning to try this technique with the vellum and 2 sided sticky sheets, and now after seeing this beauty, I really need to try it!! And what a perfect sentiment for this thank you card too! Beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)
Holy Guacamole! What a card, Michele!!! This is so stunning and amazing with not only the beautiful sunflower but all that stunning texture. Crazy! What could ANYONE not like about this card?!?!
Post a Comment