Friday, July 17, 2026

Color Hues #137

Nancy is filling in for Jules who chose the colors for Color Hues #137:


Like a few of the CH designers, I immediately thought of Poppies and this
very old, much loved, cover stamp from MFT: 


I stamped the images in Altenew's Obsidian ink and clear heat embossed them.  Water coloring these Poppies is really simple leaving a bit of white for highlights always makes me happy. I was wise enough to buy the coordinating dies!  


My card was finished off with a SB Betterpress-ed sentiment from Yana's
Bouquet of Hugs sentiment set and popped up with the addition of
a few SB Onyx Color Essentials Gems.

Honestly, I might not have remembered this lovely cover stamp if my friend
TK hadn't used another of my favorite cover stamps from MFT recently!
Thanks, TK!
=] Michele

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Poppies are perfect for this challenge and its done with perfection by you.

HilaryJane said...

What a great way to highlight the flowers, love it xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you die cut and colored just those two main poppies! Lovely card, Michele!

TK said...

Perfectly poised and pretty, these Poppies are! Love all the red & black poppies and this is just another sweet sight to see.

TK said...

P.S. Thanks for the shout-out though I didn't do much 😊

Karen said...

Poppies didn't cross my mind, but they are the perfect choice for this challenge, Yours are fabulous! I love that only the two large poppies are colored. Another great design! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

How did I never know about this stamp set??!! Your card is absolutely STUNNING Michele and I'm totally in love with how you water colored the 2 main Poppies and left some of the edges white for more definition...really lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues...you know we always love seeing YOU in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Michele!

Bobby said...

I can see why you love that stamp, Michele. The poppies really stand out against the black outline stamping.

lostinpaper said...

These colors call for poppies and your card has such elegance, like you my friend!

Bonnie said...

WOW! I'm loving these red poppies and the supporting chorus of black and white poppies in the background! So pretty, my friend and so happy to see them in the Color Hues gallery!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What an absolutely perfect way to use these colors, Michele! You surely did rock the coloring on those poppies!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how these poppies are popping right out of the black and white field. A striking card with this beloved oldie, Michele!

Nancy said...

I knew you would start our gallery with a beauty! I can totally see why you love this stamp set. Love how you made the center of your card the focal point and leaving the rest black and white. Incredible job as always and thanks for playing at CH!

Stef Perry said...

The poppies are so, so gorgeous Michele! Colored beautifully with the white highlights in just the right spots. The background was an inspired idea, so perfect in black on white. Thanks for starting off the CH gallery in a most wonderful fashion!