Friday, September 20, 2019

Mix it Up with SugarPeas #59



My card-making days are most often inspired by one of my design team assignments, or a challenge, and this day was no different.  The minute this one popped into my inbox,  I was intrigued by the out-of-focus background - I was determined to recreate it with inks!
Armed with the smooth side of a quarter sheet of TH water color paper, and a few Distress Inks, I'm really pretty happy with my results... for SugarPea's September 2019 Mix it Up Challenge #59:

Inside:  of course I had to call!  it was that, or a TWEET!

This sweet little bird is one of a dozen fun images in SugarPea's Everyday is Christmas - one of the 4 calling birds! I borrowed the colors from the gorgeous feathered friend in the photo, and a few of the details from the Sketch, while letting that background shine. 

Thanks for stopping by... let the weekend begin!

=]  Michele

[Tags, and sentiment, are retired SugarPea sets that I still adore.]
Inks used are: hickory smoke, worn lipstick, peeled paint, and chipped sapphire!
 

17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Michele...this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Your background came out GORGEOUS! When I looked at the inspiration photo, all I saw was the bird...so glad your eyes showed me what I actually missed!! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Have a great weekend!! :0)

conil said...

You nailed that background and that teeny bird on the phone is just too cute for words. Really taken with how you layer with dies so beautifully...just may see me doing more of this in the future. CASEing not stealing.

Cat Craig said...

Stellar take on the photo! Isn't that a cool looking bird?

Barb Ghig said...

Your background turned out beautifully, Michele! I love how you played with the color palette and your sweet little bird is perfect!

Nora Noll said...

That background totally ROCKS. I love that image you used too!!

lostinpaper said...

It's soo tweet Michele!

Lisa Elton said...

NAILED IT!! This is FABulous Michele!

Mac Mable said...

Great inspiration and what a fabulous job you did with the water coloured background. Fun image and super cute x

JulieP said...

You totally nailed that background!!!

Jeanne said...

Wowza! You absolutely got the background right. This is beautiful, Michele. I adore how you captured the colors of that colorful bird (sorry I don't know bird names) so well. Happy sigh, love your work and humor. :)

Kara Lynne said...

Michele, I absolutely love how you were inspired to use that out of focus background! It is perfectly gorgeous! What a great way to use a calling bird paired with your sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at SugarPea Designs!

Bonnie said...

You've done an awesome job on that background, Michele! Love this "calling bird" and that pierced banner! Another fun card from you, my friend!

Bobby said...

You nailed it, Michele! The background is so like the photo and that little calling bird is perfect with the sentiment.

Papercraft Boutique said...

You did a fantastic job of making the background, Michele! It's simply fabulous and you captured the out-of-focus background in the photo very well. And what a cute scene you created using stamps (bird and sentiment) from different stamp sets! The little bird is busy talking on the cell phone and tweeting! ;-P
Hideko xx

TK said...

A-MAZ-ING!!! Love this! Such a gorgeous backgrounds, beautiful bird, and what? That sentiment! Only you, Michele...

Linda Callahan said...

Stop it! A calling bird?!? lololol......this card just made my day!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

awwwww, this is just adorable!