Friday, March 8, 2019

Essentials by Ellen March Release



I'm very happy to be back to share a few more of my Backyard Bird Friends - just one of a few new Brandi Kincaid sets available today at Ellen Hutson, LLC!

 I always look for a way to combine Brandi's sets with her Leading Ladies … what better Lady to invite to the party today than Photo Lady and coordinating dies?
She's got a sweet little Chickadee in her viewfinder!
 
 
I went right to my favorite Birding site for all the inspiration I need to color up Brandi's Backyard Bird Friends!
 
Over the weekend, we had more than 50 visitors to our berry-bearing bushes … are you familiar with the Cedar Waxwing?  Not only are they one of the most gorgeous of all birds, they are often heard before they are seen - think dog-whistle, ear-piercing whistle and you'll be close!
 
Here is my rendition...
 

I could not leave out another of my favorite birds -
the Hummingbird! 
Believe it or not, I've had the honor of having
many Ruby-throated land on my fingers to feed!  Though I only dream of having an Anna's Hummingbird visit - it would truly be a magical day!
 

 
Thanks for allowing me to introduce you to a few of our friends, and to Backyard Friends … the entire release is available NOW at
Ellen Hutson, LLC.  The variety of ways to color these little Backyard Bird Friends is countless!
 
=]  Michele
 
Supporting supplies:
EBE Plaid Maker 
EBE Wonky Backdrops
EBE Hands die
EBE Totally Random Sayings Vol. 1
 

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love birds and I LOVE THESE!!!!

lostinpaper said...

These are all amazing Michele, I especially love the little hummingbird sitting on the hand! I remember when we were in Turkey many years ago I saw my first hummingbird and they are truly amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

You've done all of your feathered friends proud with these pretty cards Michele! I like the fun backgrounds you added to each one!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you've showcased these darling birds with all those great 'accessory' stamps, Michele! Great idea to use your Plaid Maker for both backgrounds and your fabulous 'hand' for the hummingbird on your last card! You inspire me so much with your amazing talent, my friend...LOVE all three cards so much!!!

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much for introducing me to some of these birds. That Cedar Waxwing is gorgeous!! And that you got a hummingbird to sit on your finger...should I call you the bird whisperer? What a magical release for you. Your cards are fantastic. Love the detail on each and you even managed a selfie! Love these!

~amy~ said...

These are all awesome but the first one, pure michele and her fabulous sense of design + humor.

Nora Noll said...

What lovely designs!! I just adore how you use those hand dies so much. They would just sit if I had them with no ideas. GREAT cards!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh these are wonderful! And I love how you have a hand in so many these days 😉 But I must tell you that because I am so old at first glance I thought the girl was holding a fly swatter and was giong to give the bird a shot......lolol.....don’t mind me I just entertain myself......xoxox from your ancient friend.....

Bobby said...

Another thing we share is our love of birds, Michele, although you have an even closer relationship to them. I've only seen Cedar Waxwings once and that was when I lived in North Carolina. You've colored them all beautifully.

Dotty Jo said...

Love each and every one of them! Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Darling cards, love all the gray tones.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Thanks for a bird lesson, Michele! I was able to name only "hummingbird" in the stamp set, but I feel like I know more now. :-)
Fantastic way of showcasing the new release. Coloring birds is difficult (at least for me), but you did it so beautifully. Love the stamped backdrops too.
Hideko xx

Sharron said...

Oh my, there are those awesome birds--something else I'm I need! I love that they look perfect for coloring and especially great because they can be made into different species. LOVE your cedar waxwings!!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely post, Michele ... I was transported to your garden! Such delicious cards ... your colouring of these wonderful birds is fantastic ... I especially love how you have the hummingbird landing on your hand! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda said...

Ok I know you are getting tired of the "Wow", but Wow, I am totally loving each of these cards! Your birds are fabulous and colored fabulously. Such unique designs on all the cards too my friend! I have never heard of a Cedar Waxwing bird, nor had I ever heard one either until I went to your link and saw it and heard it. lol Not sure if we have them around here or not, but I will be looking and listening for one! They look similar to a cardinal don't they? Then you got me with your last card, the hand and the hummer-love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda