Thursday, February 15, 2018

CAS[E] this Sketch #259

Donna Mikasa is our Sketch artist this week - immediately, you know it's going to be a great one, right?


I received the prettiest little collection of patterned papers from a friend - just-because gifts are the best, aren't they?  Somehow she knows that one of my few favorite color combos happen to be pink and yellow - with gray accents?  Even better!

Here is my card - thanks, LeAnne... you do color my world with sunshine!

MFT dies
 
You might just see those die-cut letters soon... just sayin' =]
 
Here is another card using those pretty papers - a pretty little Gal-intine's day card:
 
Recipe:  take one heart die, cut from three layers of coordinating PP;  while still stacked, use a slope die to cut three lines - anywhere you'd like them! RE-assemble three hearts, using one from each patterned paper for each heart!  I've used the largest MFT stitched heart from the stack, and Paper Smooches Borders #1 for the cuts.
 
Now, how about we go see what Donna, and the rest of my sensational gang have created for CTS #259 ...
 
so happy to have you stop by today!
 
=]  Michele

19 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards Michele, great take on the sketch -brilliant again.

And I am so happy to be the owner of the second card. It is every bit as darling in person..the texture of the card base and the sweet papers on the heart make for something to fall in luv with for sure. Oh and those letters...ya they are on my wish list for sure. My Lenten sacrifice this year is no crafty shopping til after Easter...can you imaging how big that wish list will be by then????

Barb Ghig said...

You clever girl...x2!!! I love how you flipped the sketch and those gorgeous papers are sheer perfection with the heart-filled sunshine! I also love how you played with the heart...more beautiful papers and your sentiment is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your step-by-step tutorial with us...Stunning cards, Michele!

Happy Dance said...

Oh those are incredible papers! Color perfection, if you ask me!! And I'm mesmerized by your designs. These are gorgeous cards, my friend. Dang girl!! Love 'em! Bev

lostinpaper said...

There you go again my friend, rockin' it!

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty cards, Michele! So clever of you to rotate the sketch like that!

Jeanne said...

Lovely friend, beautiful papers and wonderful cards. A trifecta of happiness! And a happy weekend to you my friend! :)

Bobby said...

I love the block with the letters cut out, the part I usually throw away. ;) Great idea with the multi-papered heart, Michele. Pinning so I can remember for next year.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yes, those are some pretty papers! Your sunny card has me longing for warm summer days. I love the pretty little multi patterned heart you've created, what a sweet card!

donna mikasa said...

Well aren't you clever to turn the sketch! I love it 10x more.
And your Galentine is the cutest! I meant to send some out but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe I'll start now for next year....Miss you too ♥

Anita in France said...

Gosh, aren't those patterned papers just lovely, Michele ... you've made them the star of the show on both these gorgeous cards ... they're absolutely delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, HELLO. You are clever indeed to use the negative space for your sentiment. Nicely done, my friend. :)

Jamie said...

Love these cards! Love your creativity! You inspire me with each and every card! :)

Stef Perry said...

Such a pretty and cheerful card Michele, with those gorgeous papers and the clever die cut portion of the sentiment!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Brilliant take on the sketch, Michele! Using the die-cut negative of the pretty patterned paper! How clever you are.
I love the Gal-intine's day card too - the combination of the patterned papers and the posh inline Alpha die sentiment! Hideko :-)

Karren said...

Oh those papers are just gorgeous! And you've created some fabulous cards!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty papers.....pretty cards!

Nora Noll said...

Simply AMAZING!!!!! LOVE both these cards!!

Brian King said...

I adore your spin on this sketch, Michele! Such a fun card! <3

Sharron said...

Fabulous take on the sketch--love your happy sun with the hearts! Your heart design is wonderful with all the pretty papers. There is a recently released die that has a similar look and this would work perfectly to create the same look. Thanks for the tip! BTW, what dies did you use for the sentiment?