Thursday, July 2, 2015

CAS[E] this Sketch #130

Leigh Penner is a fantastic card designer - doesn't surprise me that she's equally talented at sketch design!  Here is her sketch this week:
 
 
Going a little rogue with this, Leigh ... I just know you won't mind a bit.
 
A few new goodies from SSS last week, one from their latest release called Explore Nature  - I bought the set that included the stamps, and matching dies.  Here is what I came up with, using another SSS die set to create Leigh's fun curvy edge.
 
 
I adore the less-than-perfect font of this fantastic Emerson quote.  As in nature, imperfections can and will abound - just like my intentional coloring outside the lines with a seasonal trio of Distress inks, and lack of coloring in chosen areas. 
 
By the time this post hits blog-land, Tom and I will be enjoying nature in the Great Northwest - 2,686 miles from home.  Though coffee, dinner, or lunch with a few blogging friends will take priority for a few hours along the trail - more on that soon, I promise!  To say I'm excited would be an enormous understatement!
 
So where will Leigh's fabulous sketch take you this week?  We always look forward to taking that journey with all of you in the CTS gallery.

=] Michele
 


20 comments:

Marika said...

I agree with you, the sketch is awesome! And I love your "rogue" take on it. Your card sums up the imperfection in the nature in every detail! Love it! Have a great trip, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the sketch Michele, this is fresh and fun!! Looking forward to photos from your trip. I know the two of you are have a great time!!

Cat Craig said...

I knew this was your card when I saw it over at cts, love it. Have a safe trip.

Deepti said...

Those funky trees look awesome, fabulous colors !

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card, and I love the way you colored those trees.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your roguish take on the sketch! Fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

Fantastic take on the sketch--love those trees! And I hope you're enjoying every minute of your trip and post pics if you can!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this natural take on Leigh's sketch. Perfect balance of the greens and white. I hope you are traveling safely, seeing lots of great sights and having fun visits along the way :))
Hugs XOX

Darnell said...

Great card, Michele, and a fab take on the sketch! Have a safe time on the road. I know you'll have a blast all along the way!! Hugs, Darnell

Susi said...

Lovely take on the challenge, Michele - your card is very peaceful, from the sentiment, to the leaf images, and to that flowing, curvy border!

Happy Dance said...

Been eyeing this set...now I *need* it after seeing your card. Love the simplicity of this design, and the imperfectly perfect colored trees. Hope your trip is wonderful and memorable, and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 10th! WooHoo!!!! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Michele...love your wonderful scene and those stamps are so fun. Hope you are having an incredible trip!

Brenda said...

Love this sketch and love your take on it Michele! I too love how you made your coloring not perfect, and I love that sentiment and how imperfect it is. How wonderful that you are on vacation so far away from home! I hope you enjoy your getaway and have safe travels to and fro my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Michelle said...

I am deeply in love with this gorgeous card, Michele! It's perfect!

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card, Michele! Love your take on the sketch.
Enjoy your vacation, friend! Safe travels.
xoxo

Shona Chambers said...

I just love those new SSS stamps, they are so modern and retro looking at the same time. Fantastic card too! Loving your photos of your trip so far on Facebook, such a beautiful country!!!

Anita in France said...

Glorious, Michele ... perfect in every way ... love it! This set leapt into my SSS wish book within a nano second of me seeing it ... been resisting ... now weakening!! Hope your wonderful get togethers and fabulous trip is turning out to be simply splendid, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

PiecesbyEmily said...

AWESOME take on the card, Michele!!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is fantastic! Love that quote and those happy little trees!

cm said...

I've seen a few people use this set, but yours is the one that has me become even more smitten with it! Darn, but I wish our dollar would improve or that shipping to Canada were less pricey. On the other hand, if both those 'buy more' opportunities revealed themselves, I'd be even more broke! Eyes open for sales! Love your card!
Hugs~c