Thursday, April 30, 2015

CAS[E] this Sketch #121

Hello my friends - it's CAS[E] this Sketch day today.  We've got a great sketch from Ms. Sam Simpson that you'll love... but before that...

Yesterday, I spent the day with Bobby Hagen of Bits & Pieces, who drove nearly two hours to play cards with me!  We played cards and so much more: we ate, we laughed, and stamped, and borrowed each other's favorite supplies!  Just loved every single moment - and can't wait for our next-time.

Since Bobby is a regular player at CTS, I decided that we should make our cards for CTS together - knowing Chrissy would not mind one bit - right Chrissy?

We had a bit of fun using my Wplus9 Flora and Fauna stamps/dies.

First up, Bobby's card - please hop over to her blog here for her description and supplies list... I think it's just so sweet!



I used the same basic supplies, and a sweet little sentiment from the Garden Fairy set that another sweet friend sent me ... thank you, once more, Lisa!  More cards to come! 

What do you think?


Gift Tag die from Sugar Pea Designs - a prize from the Coffee Lover's Bloghop, and an added layer from Reverse Confetti.


I won't make you wait another second for Sam Simpson's great sketch - for CAS[E] this Sketch #121:

 
 
Are there special things you look forward to each Spring?  Tom and I are so anxious for the Hummingbirds at our feeders, and for flowers that will attract the butterflies.  Your card could tell a story, too... hope to see you in the gallery this week!  One more photo - can you stand it?
 

 
=]  

22 comments:

sandie said...

Sounds like you both had a lot of fun and what gorgeous cards you made, love your polka dot card and how you used the enamel dot, off to see Bobby now!

donna mikasa said...

How fun! I wanna play cards with both of you, too! Love both of your takes on the sketch--the scallops on your tag is just the sweetest touch!

Dotty Jo said...

Bet you had loads of fun! Gorgeous makes too, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards you both made. I bet you had a ball!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous day you must have had. So wonderful to meet up with stamping friends. They may in fact be new friends, but they often feel like very old friends. Love both of your cards and the beautiful picture of both of you.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card for CAS(E) this SketchMichele. Lovely photo of you and Babby! I bet you had the best day!

Lisa Elton said...

You two sound like you had a wonderful day!! Love both cards but your polka dots and that sweet hummingbird steal my heart!!

Sharron said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! You both are so lucky to get some crafty time together. Love the photo! Both cards are fabulous! Your polka dots and that sweet sentiment are perfect with the hummer!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Michele. I just love how you used the sketch. I always find it challenging to use a tag on a card, isn't that silly! Love all your pics. I am so lucky to have hummers at our feeder all year long!

Kristie Goulet said...

So much fun! Your cards are both great! Love that you got to play cards together and I can't wait for the day when I can play cards with you too. xo

Marybeth said...

What do I think? I think your cards are beautiful!!!! So happy you two had a nice time ...crafty friends are the best and we understand each other ....
You both look beautiful !

Darnell said...

Wish I could have been there, too! Thank you for sharing the marvelous cards and that pretty, pretty picture of the two of you!!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Michele!! It's always fun to get together with a friend who loves the hobby as much as you do. I love both of the cards you ladies made!! So pretty and springy. I love both your takes on the sketch too. I love the hummingbirds, and since it is going to be warm I want to get my feeders filled and out. I hope you see some beautiful hummers this summer Michele! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Forgot to say that I love the picture of you two girls!! You both look so happy! Hugs, Brenda

Shona Chambers said...

You guys look so happy and who wouldn't be, having had a card making play date!! Just been looking at Hummingbird photos on Darnell's blog, so wish we had them here. Your card is so very sweet and must join in with this one, Sam created a fantastic sketch!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and the cyber 'hug' :-) xxx
Great photo - It looks like you and Bobby had a fabulous day - and so productive.
Your cards are gorgeous.
Caroline xxx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card and how fun that you got to hang out with Bobby...what a sweet treat! Love your photo, you are both so beautiful.

Karen M said...

Two fabulous cards Michele and lucky you having a great crafty buddy:) Hugs xx

cm said...

All I have to say is:
1. love the cards you two created;
2. love the fact that you had a 'meet and create' opportunity;
3. love x love the photo of you gorgeous gals thoroughly enjoying one another's companionship!
Bottom-line: love every marvelous detail about this post!
Hugs~c

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so fun that you made your CTS cards together! I love both of them -- they're so sweet! And I love the photo of the two of you, too!

Anita in France said...

Sounds such a perfect playdate, Michele ... the sweetest cards ... and the most gorgeous photo of you two lovely ladies! Just wondering, does your fireplace take flue powder (as in Harry Potter) ... Hugs, Anita :)

Chrissy Larson said...

That is the coolest thing ever!! Both cards are fabulous and how fun to play together. LOVE!