Monday, July 21, 2014

Fusion

Who couldn't be inspired by this photo?  I wanted to dive right into it, those cupcakes look divine!  Fusion French Cupcakes provided a full afternoon of inspiration for me yesterday =]


First up?  Of course, the cupcake!  The script print on the vase brought to mind one of my favorite embossing folders.  This time I used a lovely leftover of watercolor paper which frames my little cupcake perfectly.  The cardstock is Vintage Cream, from PTI, which works perfectly with WC paper.  Paper Smooches dies  [flowers & scalloped circle] and stamps for the little "fondant" flowers, and sentiment.  That wonderful little cupcake is a Bitsy from Basic Grey called Cakes - I do hope it's still available as it has many ways of decorating the cupcake that I think you'll love, and a sentiment that reads:  "Keep calm, eat a cupcake!"  My philosophy, exactly =]

                   In culinary school, we spent many days working with fondant to create flowers
 [and fishing lures, in my case - see Tom's hat a few posts back in A Little Fishy =]
 

Next up?  The sketch!

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele, this is truly the MOST beautiful and realistic cupcake I have ever seen on a card. I am imagining you creating this like it is a real cupcake--gorgeous and when we get together you might teach me how to decorate cupcakes beautifully like this!

~amy~ said...

super SWEET!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, the pinks look amazing, love the embossed BG :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!

Taunya Butler said...

Wow - you have been busy and I love that cupcake - looks good enough to eat!! So watch out - if it disappears I could be the guilty party!! I am so impressed with you girl, you are rocking these challenges!! Keep it up!!

artful-notions said...

Gorgeous card, Michele! I'm suddenly craving fondant!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you focused on the yummy cupcakes - yours is lovely with the layered blooms - so pretty framed in the embossed text! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Challenge Michele!

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty, very sweet and elegant!!!

Jeanne J said...

OMG! Drop dead gorgeous! Looks good enough to eat! Candy for my eyes!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Stunning, I love just the touch of color!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

ps- thanks for playing with us at Fusion!