Sunday, September 27, 2026

Craft Roulette #338 with Therese!

My sweet friend Therese was the guest designer on Craft Roulette on Friday evening but as much as I wanted to go live with her and Mary Gunn FUNN, it just didn't work out.  However, I watched the replay and couldn't wait to get my hands on those fun parameters... here they are just in case YOU want to play, too!


I hadn't heard of a Joyfold card - thank goodness there were many beautiful renditions available on YouTube!

Her Element is: starts with K - I used a much-loved embossing folder to KNIT my card front!

Dusty Hues are my favorite Colors - this time I reached for Gina K's Dark Sage cardstock from my trip to Wisconsin with Sue, Marcia and Bobby many years ago!

Torn Paper is the Random spin... do any of you have this old tool in your supplies:


It worked its charm to create my 'torn edge' ruffle!

Okay!!  Ready to see my card?


My brilliant friend Donna Mikasa featured an embossed triangle tree
for her 'seconds' at Freshly Made Sketch this week - 
I just had to CASE it!  Mine was cut using a very old triangle die set from Scrapbook.com that was a free gift w/purchase.  I've embossed it
using a SSS Holiday Greenery EF.

And the inside was easy peasey by just adding a slip of dsp
and a Betterpress-ed sentiment!


Thanks so much, Therese and Mary - I had a blast creating my card!
=] Michele

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little tree you've created! Wonderful card, Michele!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely monotoned card - yep, I have that "ripper" :)

LeAnne said...

So pretty! I love the way you created your tree--such a beautiful subtle color too!

HilaryJane said...

It's perfect. What a beautiful card. Love the texture and you use of white against the dark background xx

Bonnie said...

I loved Donna's embossed tree and it's in my CASE pile and this will go there as well! Love the dark shade with the white inking on the embossing! Your 'ruffles' are adorable!

Loll said...

I LOVE the colours you've used for this card Michele. The tree is AMAZING. And I adore your torn edge tool. I've never seen anything like that. :) xx

Jeanne said...

I love how you are inspired so wonderfully by challenges, Michele. This is such a beautiful card. Happy sigh!

JoAnn said...

Love your grey triangle tree with the embossing. is lovely. A beautiful card and well designed.

TK said...

A unique "new" fold is always fun to play with, am I right?! Your card is darling, and I love the fold so will have to YT it for the future. Great focal elements to keep it simple and this one sings fun.

Bobby said...

So that's a joyfold card? I've never heard of it but I like it and will definitely try one. That embossed tree with the ink swipe is gorgeous, Michele, and I'm going to try that too.

Leslie Miller said...

Nice fold, not too difficult, and you fit all the other parameters perfectly! The embossed tree is beautiful! I used to have that tool, but no longer. I shouldn't be so quick to purge supplies, sheesh.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I have never watched Craft Roulette, though I know I should. Also don't know much about the special folds, but this card turned out so great and sounds like it was really fun to make.

lostinpaper said...

Knitting is perfect, I had the stuff for that one too, under pressure it's so hard to think quick... well, for me anyway. And as for my Joyfold... we won't speak about that one lol but yours is gorgeous!

Helen said...

Pretty card Michele! A sweet fun fold and luckily easy! ?! ;)

Cat Craig said...

fab fun fold.