It's easy to be inspired by what I see outside my door this time of year, but I thank Time Out #322 for giving me a reason to craft about it!
Soon enough we'll be surrounded by yellow, orange, and gold BUT I'm doing my best to keep a few flowers going for our little Monarch friends who are very grateful, I'm sure!
This lovely Altenew Flutter and Bloom EF was just part of a gift from
a friend. I embossed a panel of Bristol card and went about turning
this butterfly into a Monarch with Copic markers... so even though
the shape isn't quite right the colors are taken quite seriously!
We even had a view of two mating that we never thought we'd see!
The real flower that keeps the Monarch's hanging around this year is a pot
of Ageratum - they are CRAZY about it, and I can often find 5-7 feeding there.
Tom has plans to have six or more pots next year! ha!
We still have around 40 yet to 'bloom' before our porch goes back to normal.
I'll be sad to see the butterflies and our hummingbirds go but know they'll be back!
Thank YOU all for stopping by - and thanks for leaving me such kindness!
=] Michele


9 comments:
Love the embossed version and the real deal! So much prettiness today, Michele!
This is a beauty and your butterfly is just stunning. Such great colouring. You are very lucky to have humming birds and monarchs visiting your garden xx
That is DEFINITELY a monarch, colored so perfectly! That NatGeo shot is pretty amazing, too--I've never seen that before. Enjoy the remaining beauties while you can! Oh, and your card is so pretty!!!
Wow, that butterfly is just striking! Pretty Card
Simply STUNNING -- there are no other words! Your embossed butterfly and the real deal are quite amazing.
You colored that Monarch beautifully Michele...soooo realistic looking and so bold against your softly colored blooms! No Monarchs in our garden this year, but boy have we had (and still have) the hummers...both in the front and the back of our house. I will definitely miss them when they leave...they've been the bright spot for me this Summer! Hugs. :0)
It's always wonderful to follow along with your Monarchs whether for real or on paper, Michele. I did see one up here. Your card is lovely with the butterfly anxiously seeking the flowers. Maybe you need an Ageratum stamp. LOL Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.
Your paper Monarch is just as beautiful as your actual Monarchs, Michele. Enjoy those blooms! Your card is gorgeous.
What a beautiful garden visit today, beginning with that magnificent Flutter and Bloom EF. You've worked magic with it! We don't get Monarchs but plenty of others, and I was happy to see quite a few honeybees this year. Thank you for all this life and beauty, Michele!
Post a Comment