Wednesday, September 23, 2026

CAS Mix Up September 2026

Bobby is hosting the September 2026 challenge at CAS Mix Up and wants to see sunflowers [who doesn't?] and using water coloring!  


After putting my thinking cap on, I landed upon a wonderful embossing
folder from Stampin' Up called 3D Sunflower.  It's a beauty - I love it
so much I water colored TWO but you'll see the second in a few weeks as
it worked out beautifully for an upcoming FMS challenge!

After searching the interwebs for Sunflower Varieties I came upon
this wonderful photo from Little Yellow Wheelbarrow:


I settled on the bottom right corner and brought these inks to the table:


It took more time than I thought it might and I am not sure I've
done that beautiful bloom justice... maybe I created my own variety!  here it is!


Looking back, I think there needed to be a bit more yellow but
at the end of the day, I loved it anyway and didn't want to ruin
the monochromatic color by adding green to the leaves. Even the sentiment
[from Pinkfresh's With Sympathy] was stamped in Aged Mahogony ink.

Hope they like it! I might go back and try another!
=] Michele

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the variety you created and the fabulous EF! Lovely card, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Wow, what a beautiful variety of sunflowers that I didn't know existed. Your blooms are wonderful, Michele. Lovely card.

Bobby said...

It's great to see a new variety of sunflower in the gallery, Michele, and thanks for sharing the photo showing others. Yours are bold and beautiful with no leaves needed. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix-Up.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, is this ever gorgeous Michele! I love that you kept it monochromatic and your water coloring (and staying in the lines!) is fabulous!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card my friend! Can't wait to see the next variety!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Michele! I love the pink sunflowers and your fantastic watercoloring of the embossing! A beautiful sympathy card!

Jeanne H said...

Yes! Your card is gorgeous and wonderfully done. tfs

HilaryJane said...

Oh yes, it is beautiful. No extra colours needed xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just went through the Little Yello Wheelbarrow web page. I have not ever seen many of those sunflower colors. They are gorgeous. I love yours so much and I think you definitely did them justice!!! And I love that you did not add green. Good choice. Beautiful card.