Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #751

Hello, friends!  Glad you stopped by today - I am the happy hostess of this week's Freshly Made Sketches #751 and I hope you like it!


When we get close to Autumn my heart is happy to turn to leaves!  In fact, my sketch is taken from a card I made many years ago.  You can find that one HERE - but come back because I have TWO cards to [fingers crossed] pique your playtime!


As promised two lovely golden leaves!  Of course we can't have leaves
without trees, or trees without bark!  I added a deep delicious brown
woodgrain cardstock, my first tipped square of green that was cut using an
old favorite Spellbinders Hemstitched die and then another
kraft woodgrain cardstock before topping them with my leaves - from Lawn Fawn
and perhaps one of my oldest sets from 2015 - and a tiny little linen bow!
My sentiment is from ASD's Spring Garden set.

Ready for the second?  It had to be a Christmas card!


It's pretty self-explanatory - but in case you're wondering,
 the snowflake is from HoneyBee's Lovely Layers: Large Snowflakes dies set - 
cut from sparkly paper from The Stamp Market.

Well?  What do you think?  Are your juices flowing? lol
You have plenty of time to make a card - or two - before the window
closes on Monday, August 31st at 3pm EST!
Okay - let's go see what the team has made, shall we?

=] Michele

22 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your pretty leaves leave me excited for fall, Michele! I'm loving the way they pop off the 'forest" background! This sketch is perfect for a Christmas card and my creative juices are leaning in that direction! I loved your previous card then, and I love it still! It's a classic!

Marcia Hill said...

I love your sketch Michele, and your two cards today and the one from a while ago are all beautiful! Your leaf card is so CAS and bold, and your Christmas card so light and airy...they are both making me smile and looking forward to the coming seasons! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I like both of the before and after versions, Michele! Those golden leaves are just darling. We actually saw the first spot of color on our walk yesterday evening, can't believe we're there already! Before you know it snowflakes will be falling... not as pretty as yours though!

TK said...

Adorable cards, both of them! Lovely Fall, as you said, allowing us ti unwind and slow down from the hectic summer, and then the wonder of Christmas right behind

JoAnn said...

Lovely card with the fall leaves and then the snowflake one is so pretty. You have a great sketch this week.

Cindy Beach said...

Both are beautiful cards, I love those rustic leaves and the woodgrain texture. Great sketch!

Jen Timko said...

Both are totally fabulous, as is the original! Love this sketch so much. Thank you for always being such an inspiration!

donna mikasa said...

I don't believe I met your first card(s) until now and I LOVE them! No wonder you chose it for your sketch design. The Christmas one is SO elegant in white on white. A winner of a sketch, yesterday and today!

Jeanne said...

What a fun idea to revisit your previous card design, Michele. Love the original and the current versions. There is so much texture in the cards. Thank you so much for sharing!

LeAnne said...

Sliding from one season right into another! Love those LF leaves--my favorites too--but that snowflake front & center is stunning! What a gorgeous die! Love the sketch too, lots of fun!

Bobby said...

Woodgrain abounds on both cards and it makes such wonderful texture to show off leaves and snowflakes, Michele.

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards using the sketch Michele. Love the fall leaf with all that gorgeous texture in the background. Your Christmas card is so beautifully elegant with the white-on-white with sparkle. The woodgrain backgrounds work so well in both designs. Great work!! xx

Birgit said...

Your beautiful cards are certainly preparing us for what lies ahead. Both the fall version and wintry version are gorgeous!!

Cat Craig said...

Michele, what a great sketch and your two lovely cards show how versatile it is.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful sketch. I LOVE both of your creations with it. I have ideas and a very busy weekend. I hope I can play! Very inspiring sketch!!

Leslie Miller said...

The window is already closed, but I'm saving the sketch because I love it! It's perfect for someone like me who struggles with CAS. Your cards are wonderful inspiration -- one rich and warm for the fall season, the other all cool and sparkly for Christmas. Thank you!

lichazul said...

Two cards absolutely gorgeous , congrast ☺️💐 happy day

Linda Callahan said...

Leaves are already changing here - wont be long til the flurries fly! Beautiful seasonal cards!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Thanks for a great sketch, Michele. These cards are fab, as usual. Love all that lovely texture. Beautifully CAS, but with lots of gorgeous detail - is that an oxymoron?? :o)

lostinpaper said...

You are the hostess with the mostest lol. Love it!

Verena said...

What an incredible 2 for 1 deal!! I love them both! Thanks for a fun sketch this week.

Karren said...

Fabulous cards and a wonderful sketch! The autumn tones are so warming. I also loved your original 2019 cards as well!