The Paper Players is celebrating its 800th challenge this week, and I couldn't wait to have a play with their original sketch... they say it's been given a facelift, but wouldn't we all need one at 800?? lol
I thought I take advantage of all these layers to use some fun Halloween
patterned papers and a die set from HoneyBee: Toil and Trouble.
see it in this closeup? I love pink with orange, so I took liberties with
the usual black hat and brown broomsticks!
inside sentiment: you don't look a day over 799!
The pumpkin is a stenciled one of a trio from The Ton. My papers are
from Scrapbook.com's spooky patterned paper collection. And the sentiment
is an oldie from MFT. I've given everything a bit of distressing with black soot
ink - not my usual thing. I'm nearly sorry about it - tell me what you think?
Congratulations to all the members of The Paper Players who woo us into playing along with their fabulous cards each week! And a special thanks to LeAnne for introducing me to this fun challenge! I've loved playing cards with you all!
=] Michele
Thanks so much, Ann!


21 comments:
How FUN is this Michele!! I spotted your broom right away and it fits perfectly just under the hat and pumpkin! Love that DSP and yes, the black soot around the edges for a bit more of the spooky!! Awesome card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)
This is wonderful, Michele! You mat have used black but you use it lightly and it definitely works. Funcolor combo too
This is oodles of fun and dare I say, faBOOlous! I think the distressing fits right in and looks great on the images. Like Marcia said, it adds to the spookiness! Cute card!
Eek, what a fun Halloween card! I love the spooky, sooty look! And the pink shades are a wee bit out-of-the-box, so I love them too! Cool broom! Cool everything! Thanks for playing with us at the Players' 800th challenge!
Eeek (in a good way)!! Cute, scary, and pretty all wrapped up into one delightful card! I did have to squint to see the broom handle, but now that I've seen it I think it's the cutest broom handle ever! Love every bit of this, including the inside sentiment!
Michele, this is so much fun and I love the pinks, oranges, black and white in those adorable papers!
What a fun card Michele. I spotted the broom right off and all the elements look great with the distressing using the Black Soot ink as it is not too much.
How spookily gorgeous! The broomstick is giving me a Harry Potter vibe. The dark sponging around the main elements is genius. As always, a great idea well executed. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players.
A great way to use this sketch, Michele! I'm loving this witch's hat and that stenciled pumpkin! It is time to think about Halloween! It will be here before we know it!
Oh my gosh, Michele! Can a Halloween card be any cuter? The background paper stole my heart...how can I resist pink pumpkins? The stenciled pumpkin really has so much depth. I love the hat. Your inside sentiment is a hoot. I think your wee bit of distressing works and is a great added detail. Thank you so much for helping us celebrate our 800th challenge at The Paper Players!
Michele, this is a fabulous take on the sketch! Unconventional colors for a holiday? Yes, please! The pumpkin, broom and witch's hat are fantastic, as is the great sentiment. Loving that patterned paper too...and you got the Happy Halloween banner in just the right spot. What a fun Halloween card! I'm so glad you had a chance to join us for this 800th Paper Players challenge! Thanks for playing along!
Is this ever cute!!!! I adore the color scheme, that fun background paper and the darling pumpkin.
What a bewitching entry to the 800th challenge. I think everything works fabulously together, even the bit of black inking.
Personally I love the distressing, Michele, but then I love everything distressed. LOL I can't believe you found a paper with orange and pink pumpkins already on it to be the background for the dies you used to create this fun and colorful card.
Oh what fun Michee! Love the colours! :)
I got a giggle from this one. well done.
This is so much fun!!! I love all of the Halloween elements and the way you combined them. Wonderful design and choice of papers.
Yes Michele at 800 it would be facelifts all round I'm sure! This is such a fun Halloween card (I actually like the black smoky edging, even though it wouldn't normally be my thing either) Perfectly spooky! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!
I totally missed this until I saw your "second helpings"--it was hiding from me!! Love this colorful masterpiece and all the fun details. And yes pink and orange should be the new Halloween colors!
Totally delightful for Halloween? How has it been almost a year since our visit?
A day over 799! You totally made me laugh out loud 🤣
Post a Comment