It has been a very long while since I've done any water coloring! After watching Jill Foster do her magic with the new Penny Black Christmas release, I was itching to get my palette of Distress re-inkers out again! Another item from my big sale-shopping-spree at Alex Syberia Designs recently determined my playtime today!
Enter ASD's Cindy Lou's Poppies... first stamped in Memento Toffee Crunch ink onto a piece of Canson Cold Pressed paper then water colored using aforementioned re-inkers ...
I then stamped two of the other stems directly to my card panel - also
Canson 140# cold pressed paper - and die-cut my painted Poppies.
Before arranging the flower heads, I did a little splattering and
puddling of leftover green and cut it down using an MFT Wonky Rectangle.
Then came the lifted blooms.
I'm quite pleased at how this one turned out - I admit to being a bit rusty!
I'm almost ready to get my PB Christmas stamps out!
I hope you're having a great week - we're nearing the end of August! Where
has the month gone? Between picking green beans, raising butterflies,
and staying on top of watering my pots of peppers and herbs it has been a busy but wonderful month.
Thanks so much for dropping by!
=] Michele




23 comments:
You could TEACH a class on watercoloring, my friend! These poppies are gorgeous and you got just the right amount of "puddling" (love that expression) on the background! Beautiful!
I see absolutely NO rust on this card Michele...only perfection IMHO!! Your water color skills are still at 100% my friend and the poppies and leaves are just gorgeous!! Even the light wash of green in the background and the splatters all make for a lovely, lovely card! Beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)
So very pretty. Fantastic job watercoloring
These look fresh picked, Michele! Beautiful! You flowed right back into watercoloring, my friend!
Your poppies are just gorgeous! Sue N
You should be more than quite pleased about how this turned out. It is quite beautiful and I love what you have done on the background. Just perfect. I shall look forward to seeing some more of your watercolouring xx
I love the watercoloring. I always think that it gives such a realistic look. The only thing I would change on this is that I would not leave a white halo around the flowers and leaves. For me, it detracts from the watercolor and draws the eye to the white line around the flowers instead of to the flower itself. Watercolor is so delicate... it needs to stand on its own.
But lovely card! And the watercoloring is well done!
YOU might think you're rusty, but we all think you're AMAZING!
Now to finish my thought... your flowers, colors and layers are all fantastic. You don't surprise any of us with your wicked skills, Friend
You should be pleased. Your poppies are gorgeous. Love your coloring and splattering. It sure doesn't look like you are rusty with your re-inker coloring. They look great on that wonky stitched rectangle.
Rusty? Surely you jest. This is Jill inspired water coloring at its finest and you are way too modest!
I think these are beautiful and that your skill is as sharp as ever!
Gasp! This is stunning, Michele. Your water coloring skills are amazing.
Oh my Michele. this is a GORGEOUS card. I certainly cant see that its been a while for you with the watercoloring.
I thought of you when I saw one of Jill's videos and wondered if you would be making some watercolored cards. Your watercoloring of those poppies is spectacular, Michele, and if that's 'rusty' it sure doesn't look like it.
This is so gorgeous. Beautifully designed and watercolored. It's a WOW!
This is so beautiful, Michele! You certainly should be pleased. Your watercoloring brings out the best in these ASD poppies. Lovely color and a thoughtful arrangement. The light wash and splatters are just right. I feel a swoon coming on...
No rust, my friend just a whole lot of pretty!! Wowza!!
Amazing watercolouring skills Michele. You have brought those beautiful poppies to life. I LOVE the card design with the embossed wonky border and the soft watercolour wash in the background. Great job! xx
Your poppies are stunnning Michele!! Your beautiful colouring has allowed them to jump of the cardfront! :)
Every detail on this card is perfection Michele! Love how your poppies POP right off that textured paper in the most fragile way. All this masterpiece needs is a frame for the wall!!! Hugs, Nancy J
Your watercoloring is fabulous- beautiful flowers!
Brilliant colouring and stunning card my friend!
Post a Comment