There's a new mood board in town, and since I had Poppies on my mind, this upper left corner drew me in...
Can't quite see it? Here's the closeup:
another project. With a little smooshing, blending, and embossing it
became useable for my water-y background and these lovely Poppies.
What's that? You don't recognize these blooms from SSS? Well, I added
a rather bold floral center from Altenew's Sulfur Cosmos and all of a sudden
you see Poppies - at least I did! lol
Another sentiment from Yana's SB Bouquet of Hugs and playtime was complete!
The team over at Just us Girls #832 have really lovely cards inspired
by Bobby's mood board - why not take a peek and play along?
=] Michele



So clever to mix die cuts, Michele! I love the bold red and what a gorgeous background you created with your inking, embossing and tearing - a beautiful card for the challenge! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteLove the contrast of those pretty red flowers! Thanks for joining in at JUGS
ReplyDeleteOh this is just magical with the backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteI see poppies too and a pretty little water's edge! Fabulous take on Bobby's Mood Board, Michele! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love that you transformed the original flower into another beauty, plus all those textural interests -- you've outdone yourself again.
ReplyDeleteThese poppies DO create a real pop on your card! Love that background too!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I adore how those poppies pop (get it) on that glorious panel!
ReplyDeleteAnd these poppies are just as pretty as the last ones! How clever to combine sets that make a perfect poppy! I'm loving them with the blue embossed background!
ReplyDeleteI see Poppies too Michele and I absolutely LOVE your background! Your Poppies definitely POP against the blues! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteSaw poppies immediately and love that you took your inspiration from the upper left of that wonderful moodboard. LOVE the way you did the background too.
ReplyDeleteHow clever of you to combine two sets to create these lovely poppies. This is delightful! The background is dreamy.
ReplyDeleteWonderful poppies. Really like that you combined a couple of sets to get the look you wanted!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely loving that perfect background, Michele, and what a great idea to mix die cuts to make your own poppies. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely see poppies and they look fabulous growing against that beautiful blue watercolor!
ReplyDeleteGreat find for the background of those beautiful bold poppies Michele! Love it!😊
ReplyDeleteMichele... such a gorgeous layout for your beautiful poppy...just amazing. So glad you are in the JUGS gallery.
ReplyDeleteMichele, Your shore is so real with the texture and white foam, and the red poppy "pops" so well!! Love this mood board inspired card for our challenge this week at Just Us Girls. As always, thanks for playing along with us!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Love your seaside poppies! xx
ReplyDeleteYou do mood boards so well! I wouldn't have spotted those poppies and the way they look against your water colored background is spot on! Ah-mazing as always!
ReplyDelete