Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #745

 

Jen T. is our designer this week at Freshly Made Sketches #745 and she's featuring a square card!  

I don't normally make them but last week I finally got around to hanging a frame on the wall containing one of my watercolored florals - it only took me 10 years - and it inspired my card!


I cut a piece of woodgrain cardstock 4 x 4 inches and then opened the
window using an MFT Wonky Square die.  You might better tell why I added the 
slim strips around the opening when you see the actual frame...


After creating the frame, it was then the question of what to 'fill' it
with... HoneyBee to the rescue where I found just the right bloom to fit
from their Plumeria die cut background set.


After blending a bit of ink for contrast to the blooms and leaves
and mounting my sentiment, it seemed a bit bland.  I often find
inspiration from friends - Lisa, you gave me just the trick to finish
my card with one of these little postage marks!  
My postmark - and sentiments, too - comes from 
The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks set.

SO! There you go!  Now let's go see what inspired Jen's sketch, shall we?

=] Michele

25 comments:

  1. The soft colors of these beautiful flowers are such a lovely contrast with the green leaves and woodgrain frame! This card should be framed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Michele. I love the kraft woodgrain, and the frame around the opening looks marvelous. I love the script in the background and yes, that little postmark is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hip to be square says Huey Lewis! Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and your framed work of art! So happy I inspired you to add that sweet little post mark to those pretty peachy blooms. Two marvelous makes, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Michele and I love how you've framed your blooms!! Your added postmark finished off this card perfectly...aren't stamping friends great?!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely frame worthy! Just beautiful, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Blossom- check, background - check, finishes - check; yep, you checked all the boxes and made it perfect! Sweet card, Michele, and the postmarked is just the cherry on top

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Michele - so much texture and detail and this does suit the square frame too. I love that you've been framing pieces for home decor too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty, Michele! Right down to the perfect postmark that was "missing" from Jen's sketch! And your framed piece should have been displayed 10 years ago! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love it! Beautiful with the sketch and the woodgrain and those pretty little plumerias. The postmark was just the right accent. Your framed watercolor is very pretty, too! I've always planned to do that, but somehow never got around to it. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a lovely card and a perfect play on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card and what a gorgeous framed piece of art. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE how you were inspired!! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That frame is fabulous to show off the soft pink Plumeria, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous my friend, and so is the inspiration... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a square card- just special! The wood grain frame sets the dainty flowers off perfectly! Love it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing!! I LOVE your inspiration piece. Such lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great and beautiful cards 👏👏👏 congrats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work as always, Michele. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a little work of art, totally worthy of a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card - loving the text in the background behind those fabulous flowers! And your framed piece is stunning! Worth a 10 year wait, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wow! I love that you were able to use your watercolor as inspiration. And REALLY glad you got that up on the wall. Your flowers, the colors, that frame detail...all so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh just gorg! I am loving everything about this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your painting is beautiful Michele. It looks so lovely in your gorgeous wood frame. It's easy to see how you were inspired by your painting to design your card ... another beauty! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your visits really make me smile, and your comments are so appreciated! Please note that this blog is public, and in commenting, you do so publicly, and any link back to your blog, or email address, are also public. If you are a 'no reply blogger' and have questions, please leave me your email and I will do my best to answer them!
=] Michele