Monday, October 5, 2026

The Paper Players #806

Ann has a glorious theme for us at The Paper Players #806!  Take a looky loo at this:

 


Between LeAnne, Christy, and Stef I found all the inspiration I needed
to pull out a stencil and that little set from The Greetery that gets at
least one playtime each year since it was gifted to me!

Sing along if you can hear America the Beautiful in my card today!


Purple 'mountains' and amber waves of grain make up my farmland scene.
The stencil I used is from MFT an oldie called Drifts and Hills.
The farmhouse and barn were ready-stamped from a past session -
I just blended some grey ink over to make them look silhouetted in my bright scene.


Perfect timing as I'm hearing the dryer calling my name!  Hope you've had a beautiful start to your week!
=] Michele

20 comments:

Jascinta said...

Hi Michele - I really like your purple mountains and your beautiful use of colour. This is a special Thanksgiving-themed card. Funny thing - My dryer is calling me too. Have a lovely day.

Bonnie said...

This is an amazing stencil and the purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain are perfect to draw us closer to Thanksgiving!

Lisa Elton said...

I like it when you pull this set out! This is just beautiful, Michele!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Michele...You have hit this one out of the park. What a fabulous stencil this is! I love the details on the house and barn. The windmill and round bales bring back memories from my "farm girl" days. I love it when a card does that. What a perfect sentiment! Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players!

Jeanne said...

Oh what a lovely scene. I think I own that MFT stencil!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful Michele!! I love your purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain with the Greetery images...GORGEOUS!! A frame-able card for sure!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Oh, what a peaceful scene and perfect for our challenge! Lovely sentiment as well. You know how to combine elements perfectly! Thanks for playing with us! :D

TK said...

Can I move into your card scene? I love the peace of the countryside, allowing my peace-desiring heart a place to rest and refresh. It's a beautiful scene, Michele!

Leslie Miller said...

I absolutely have that song stuck in my head now. A gorgeous scene you've created, Michele!

Bobby said...

Do you know why cows hate those round bales of hay? What a wonderful farmland scene, Michele.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

You always make this set shine and make me wish I had it, too! I love the different seasons you share and these purple mountains are majestic, indeed!

Helen said...

Such a clever take on the challenge Michele! Greaet colours. Have a a lovely day!:)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This one is a jaw dropper. What a gorgeous scene.

JoAnn said...

Love your purple "mountains" and amber waves of grain card is beautiful. I love it.

Stef Perry said...

Okay, thanks for the ear worm *wink*! I do love your majestic purple mountains and the amber grain fields, it looks so beautiful! It reminds me of Eastern Idaho, where the range (and farms) butt up against the west side of the Tetons. Such a gorgeous card, Michele! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous way to use those stencils Michele! The contrast between the warm cornfields and the cool lilac of those majestic mountains is striking. I love those red farmhouses too - they so typify America to me, we don't have anything like that in the UK. You have nailed this week's landscape!! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the purple mountains and beautiful scene you've put together. So peaceful and serene.

Claire Broadwater said...

Michele, your card speaks to me. I grew up on a farm in Indiana and this beautiful scene reminds me of "home." I love the colors you used and the sentiment is perfect. SOOOO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week.

Jan Clothier said...

The purple mountain are majestic and a great way to draw us into the scene. It's like a little scene out of a children's book with the strong lines. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining in with us again at The Paper Players - always a pleasure to have you join us. :-)