Tuesday, September 8, 2026

The Paper Players #802

Joanne is our host this week at The Paper Players #802 and while it's a subject I do not celebrate anymore, it sure was a good reason to have a little fun between loads today!


Concord & 9th's Let it Shine set provided all my fun today for TWO cards!

This first one in happy colors:


I even brought in a little sparkle using glitter cardstock for the
candlelight... the yellow background is from 
HoneyBee's Over the Rainbow dsp collection.


But I have to admit I had THE MOST fun with my next card...


The candles are repeatedly stamped but stamped ten at a time... you'll see
it is the stripes from the medium candle on my first card - pretty
clever of them to think of this.


However! The flame is one tiny stamp - I lost count how many times
I stamped it, but it left the door open for this fantastic sentiment
from SB's Birthday Laughs Sentiments and the wicks I added
using a Copic Multi-liner marker.

Okay, my friend Vicki reminded me of the steps to take to post two cards from one post in a challenge link... fingers crossed!  Thanks Vicki! [and TK told me this years ago, too but I forgot. Comes with the number of candles on MY cake!]

=] Michele

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Give me that one big polka dot candle any day! These are both festive and full of fun!

donna mikasa said...

Oh I love both cards and honestly don't remember the last time I blew out even a single candle, much less ten of 'em! Great idea to use patterned papers and highlight the biggest with polka dots. Clever marketing on the second card and so fun to have those stripes turn into candles! But those flames and wicks.....Oy!

Vicki Dutcher said...

The dots, stripes, yellow, and black totally won me over!! The sentiment on the 2nd one is appropriate in my mind ;). Hope the dual linking worked~

Marcia Hill said...

Two FUN and clever cards Michele, and what do you mean you DON'T celebrate birthdays anymore?!! I celebrate your birthday each year because it means one more year of friendship!! And besides, age is just a number and we don't have to pay attention to that number if we don't want to, right? RIGHT??!! Really cool birthday cards to have on hand that will work for young or old(er), gal or guy! Love them both my friend!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

You are quite clever to use your stamps this way, AND very patient to stamp and "wick" all those flames! Wowza! But they are both fun and eye-catching and perfect for Joanne's challenge! Thanks for playing along--as always!

Jeanne said...

Such fun and lighthearted cards. I like your graphic looks.

Birgit said...

Both cards are fantastic, Michele! I love the graphic patterns on the first card and the way you used the stripes on the second card to make candles is brilliant!

Bonnie said...

I hope you were able to load both cards at the challenge site, Michele. I was never able to do that either. I'm loving your brightly shining candle cards! All that yellow is like the sun coming up and the pink candles look like my birthday cake would look if I let them put all the candles on the cake! You did a remarkable job of getting the flames lined up with the candles!

TK said...

Both cards are LOADS of fun, Michele! Big stripes and dots, different sized candles, oh and I AM SO IMPRESSED with you stamping that bazillion candle lights and hand adding the wicks! So FUN!
P.S. And I hope you were able to add both!

Bobby said...

Black and yellow is such a striping combination, Michele, LOL. I love the sentiment on the fun candle filled card. Please share how to add two to one challenge.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love both of these, but the black and yellow puts a little extra tickle in my fancy. How fun!

HilaryJane said...

I am loving all those candles and your patience and perseverance with all that stamping. I didn't know there was a way to add different cards from one post to challenges. I remember trying it once and finding that it didn't work, so never tried it again. No point telling me as I will just forget like you!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun sentiment over the pinky candles! And the yellow and black combo is a stunner! Wowza!

Cat Craig said...

I love that last one for a bestie, and who can resist those big candles? Love em.

Leslie Miller said...

I'll celebrate your birthday even if you aren't. Loving that fabulous yellow, white, and black dotted and striped card! Clever you to make so many candles on your second card using those stripes, and the sentiment is super fun!

Helen said...

Great cards Michele! I love the black and yellow combo that really screams 'Celebrate!"! Clever use of the stamp on the pink candles, but I love the sentiment!! It says it all!! :) :) :)

Stef Perry said...

Well, you rocked the challenge with these two fabulous cards, Michele! The candles on the first card look amazing in the designs and I love the yellow and black combo. The second card took as much or more skill; very impressive and very cute. Of course, that sentiment is hilarious. Thanks so much for sharing both cards this week at the Paper Players for Joanne's candle challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these Michele, especially the second one! That sentiment made me chuckle and I'm impressed with that dedication, stamping all those tiny flames! I must confess if I went with something even close to my age, the candle flames would probably constitute a serious fire hazard, but I do love the odd one for the big day lol! Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Michelle, I LOVE both of these fun cards. The sentiment on the pink candles made me SMILE! I can't believe you stamped the flame that many times. Well, worth the effort! The yellow and black card is a stunner! I love the stripes and polka dots. You certainly rocked this challenge! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!