Pages

▼

Sunday, September 27, 2026

My Sunday shenanigans!

Sunday afternoon in my studio was a delight - tunes on YouTube, sun outside my window, my hubby doing a little yard work, and chicken roasting for dinner!  Does it get any better?  

Here are the cards I made... first a few made with another wonderful borrowed Altenew set from Carrie: Sulfur Cosmos!


Stamped with Obsidian ink, and stenciled with these inks:


Then a bit of extra details using Prismacolor pencils...

    

When I reached for those pencils, I found a pad of Strathmore Toned Gray paper.
Then the ol' grey-lovin' brain kicked in...


... which turned into this...


A 5x7" card with oyster grey base, Prairie Grass postage frame,
and an embossed panel [SB Summertime Waves] and an
Altenew Press plate set for the sentiment.

Last but not least, this fabulous moodboard from Inspirational #377 pulled on my heartstrings...


See if you can find the cupcake that was the inspiration for my card!


Okay.  Granted my sunflower is not as orange - but you'll forgive me, right?
A bit of texture from Kristina's Finishing Touches from Concord & 9th, some white metallic splatters, and a Betterpress-ed sentiment and I'm good to go!


Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
=] Michele

20 comments:

  1. A threefer of beauties. Michele! These red cosmos are gorgeous! I love that you put them on an orange background. This certainly says FALL! The gray flowers are a stark contrast and just as beautiful! The sunflower is a real grabber. It's even prettier than the SB one that I love! The large center makes this amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy today! That color combo one is fantastic 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cosmos cards are stunning! Such brilliant ink blending on the first card and the warm colors warm my heart. The gray card looks like a work of art!! Last but certainly not least, your sunflower card is so perfectly CAS. My sunflowers are almost all gone by with their heads hanging low. The birds will enjoy them from here on out. Looks like you've had a productive Sunday, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are glorious! Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had quite a productive day! Not sure which I could pick as a favorite, but I am quite amazed by your blending capabilities! I will say that sunflower looks freshly-picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three amazing and beautiful cards Michele. Love those big orange/red Cosmos which look great on the orange background. The grey Cosmos are unique and lovely. That big sunflower is so pretty - love it. A very productive day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Sunday afternoon to me Michele, and it shows in all 3 beautiful cards! Your orange and red Cosmos on the orange card base is STUNNING...absolutely beautiful my friend! And the gray one is just as pretty and looks like it should be framed! Your finale with the Sunflower is gorgeous. What a wonderful way to start my Monday with all this beauty...thank you!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like someone else had productive crafty time at the weekend too! All beautiful, but I particularly love that sunflower - so stylish - and the orange cosmos, so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well someone had a FANTASTIC Sunday! Wow, three amazing cards, Michele! I love each and every card, I couldn't pick a favorite if I even wanted to. Your cardmaking skills are truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a grand time. Michele! These are all pretty, but that sunflower has my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was loving the yellow and orange Cosmos until I scrolled down and was blown away with your gray version, Michele. It is so gorgeous! I'm loving the happy sunflower too, so let's say your entire post was a hit with me. My goal is to have a fun day when I get back to my full studio and do things I've wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous afternoon you had! The orange is amazing, and I love the gray just as much. Maybe even more. It illustrates the beauty of the flowers to perfection. The sunflower is stately and gasp-worthy. Wish big indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those colours on the first one. Just wonderful. I love that you went bright and bold for the background too. Love the soft grey on your second card too and thanks for reminding me that I have a pad of that grey paper. I also have a pad of the tan paper. They haven't been out for a long time. Perhaps I will find a way to change that xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie zowie! Three amazing cards, though this is no surprise. That grey/white one blew me away, I must say. And sunflowers are always so wonderful. All gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  15. ALL of them gorgeous my friend, but i am particularly loving that bloom on grey... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What beautiful florals on the first 2 cards. I fell in love with the rich colours but then I saw the greys and really fell in love big time! Juat stunning! Love the happy sunflower too! Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy smokes...so many gorgeous cards...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness, Michele - every time I visit you, I want to buy whatever it is you have used and so many more inks!! Love your floral cards and thank you for entering your beautiful Sunflower card at Inkspirational! (even if it is yellow!) Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a funday that was! You were firing on all cylinders! My head is spinning just picturing you assembling all the cards! All of your cards are stunning and that sunflower seems to be coming out of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fabulous cards! I especially love the sunflower card. I really struggle with CAS cards, but you knocked that one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your visits really make me smile, and your comments are so appreciated! Please note that this blog is public, and in commenting, you do so publicly, and any link back to your blog, or email address, are also public. If you are a 'no reply blogger' and have questions, please leave me your email and I will do my best to answer them!
=] Michele