Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Guest Designer at Color Hues #140!

I am SO honored to be the Guest Designer at Color Hues #140!  Nancy is our host this time and she has chosen one color and a neutral brown:


I have a brand-new right-out-of-the-package set to play with today!  It felt like these colors were perfect for it!


Concord & 9th and Kristina Werner's 
Calm Canopy, Easy Repeat Light Linen Background stamp

I first stamped the linen in CP Stone Blue, then two of the branches were
added in the same blue to the right side of my arch and two more
in CP Icing on the Cake on the left.  The set included dies for the sentiments
which always makes me happy.  A leftover snippet of dark brown cardstock
from my trip to Gina K's store many years ago brought it home!

The little leaves are from a FREEBIE die included with purchase - wanna see it
in these challenge colors?  Here you go... 


Yes, that is another of the new embossing folders I splurged on recently.
From Spellbinders: Distress Mix enabled by Donna M. and Bonnie sealed the deal! You'll be seeing more of this one for sure!

Thank you to the Color Hues team for choosing this card which qualified me
to be their Guest Designer - always such a treat to hang out with this wonderful group of card makers!

I hope you are inspired to play with Nancy's colors, too!
=] Michele

17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So happy to have you playing with us Michele and your cards are FABULOUS! I've been eyeballing that Kristina Werner Canopy set for a few weeks now, and am so glad you splurged so I can maybe borrow it sometime? It looks so awesome in the dusty blue and brown!! Love the arch shape and the little leaves too! And the 2nd card is just as beautiful! Both beautifully done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele congratulations on being the most recent Color Hues Guest Designer! We are so thrilled to have you join us What a beautiful and 'calm' card. You used these colours perfectly!

cm said...

Thrilled to have you as our illustrious guest designer for this challenge where you've dazzled us with not one, but two, fabulous delights. I agree: your new products were made for this combination and their debut is nothing short of lovely. Your second card is charming; a pretty bird surrounded by beautiful embossed white space. As always, your inspiring creations bring joy.
hugs~ c

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win and it's always a delight to have you as a guest designer! I LOVE how you used these colors and those little leaves are icing on the cake! I'm loving the card you made with the pretty die! I appreciate the inspiration and the die, my friend!

Vikki H said...

Congratulations on the design post. Beautiful combination of stamps and colors, Michele. The little bird card is a bonus and reminder that I need to open that Cn9 set.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Michele! Such a gorgeous entry that landed you here and your cards today are equally beautiful. Wow have you got talent!

Lisa Elton said...

Yay, congrats to you on guesting! You've treated us to not one but two pretty cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, that little bird is so tweet! But I digress... Your first card is so lovely in these colors. Beautiful stamps. It makes me feel like going outside, but we're having a rare rainy day and I'm under the weather from a Shingrix shot, so I think I'll hang out in my room and do some slow crafting.

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your CH win and guest spot! It's as if they chose that color combo just for you. Both cards are awesome, but you know I'm loving that little bird!

Bobby said...

Two very different cards with very creative uses of the color duo, Michele.

Helen said...

@ more beatufiul cards MIchele! Love this colour combo and you have used them in 2 so different ways! Love them! Have a lovely day!:)

Nancy said...

Sorry I am late popping by! You already know that I love your first card, but the sweet bird was a nice bonus! You have such an eye with layouts, Michele! That EF is really pretty too! So happy to have you guesting with us for this challenge and all your support for CH is appreciated!

Julie B said...

Two fab makes Michele, love the depth you got with the brown branches overlaying the soft blue. Your EF is fab in the second as is the cute little bluebird die. Being on this team could be injurous to my bank balance but sadly there is no easy way to buy these beauties from the US! Great as always to have you guesting. :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Congrats on your guestie gig, Michele!!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love those goodies from Kristina Werner! They were sold out when I went to purchase them, but I definitely need to get my hands on them once they're back in stock! And that freebie bird die is fabulous!!! I just made a couple of cards with that one too---so fun to put together and I was so happy with the results!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card Michele!!! (as always!) Love that background stamping in the colors and the two sweet leaves - your 2nd card is wonderful as well - with the pretty embossed background and sweet bird added with the leaves! Congrats on your Guest DT! well deserved Julia xx

JulieP said...

Hey there!!! I have missed all of my crafty interactions. What a pleasure to see your card up first in our post. It's so artistically beautiful. Love the bird one as well. It's always our treat when you guest with us.

Stef Perry said...

Michele, you've used the Calm Canopy in such a stunning way, layering the light blue and brown branches. What a gorgeous clean and layered look! I love the little bird card too. I have both the freebie and the ef and you have definitely inspired me with your pretty card #2! Thank you so much for guesting with us, it is always a treat!