Carol Mc is the host at JUGS #834 and she's invited us to CASE a card that a
member of their fabulous design team has made this week! They are ALL fabulous
every. single. week! But it's Carol's own citrus-y card that I'll be CASEing today!
I dug really deep into my Ellen Hutson supplies - sorry none of them are
available any longer. Here's how I brought my card together:
Carol used die cut lemons - mine are stamped, colored then die cut.
Carol's stripes were stencil-blended in blue - my stripes are stamped in wet Blueprint Sketch ink!
Carol embossed a pattern over her stripes while I cut mine down using a pierced rectangle die.
Her sentiment was sweet and small - I went bold and stamped it on a rectangle, then added my striped panel to a base with die cut dots [Alex Syberia Desigsns].
Ready to see my [shaker-less] CASE?
I love how it turned out and hope Carol will, too! Thanks for the gorgeous
inspiration, Carol!
Have a fun weekend my friends!
=] Michele

What a great CASE. Love those blue stripes xx
ReplyDeleteAwesome CASE, Thanks for sharing at JUGS
ReplyDeleteLovel your spin on the original.
ReplyDeleteLovely card, Michele! Loving that bold blue and lemon yellow!
ReplyDeleteI love how it turned out too! The lemons, the blue stripes... this is fun, Michele!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful CASE of Carol's card Michele...it's so delightfully refreshing!! Love, LOVE your striped background and your lemons POP off of it beautifully!! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! (FYI...my mom fell again on Wednesday and is in the hospital. She broke her 3 front teeth which then went through her front upper lip, she broke her left wrist (again!) and also broke her right knee cap! She's a hot mess!! Face-planted right onto a cement sidewalk and was NOT using her cane...grrrrr! She will be transferred to a rehab center for 1 - 2 weeks tomorrow for lots of PT and OT before she can come back to her apartment. So August has filled right up and I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get to stamp together again!! I love her dearly but she's becoming a problem child!!) Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I read the comment from your friend. Her poor mom. I hope she recovers fully. And hugs to your friend. Your card is beautifully refreshing and wonderful all around. Thank you for sharing your CASE.
ReplyDeleteMichele, Your card is a great way to show how to use what you have to recreate a card. The background sure is fun with its watercolor took to the stripes. Ellen's sweet little lemons fit perfectly and pop on that blue! Thanks for CASEing my card and for playing with us at JUGS this week!
ReplyDeleteI see LIMES at work here, Michele. Every detail changed enough to make the design your own. Those blue stripes are eye-catching and show off the wonderful lemons. And the pun-y sentiment is fabulous. I have that somewhere in my arsenal at home. Thanks for sharing your CASE of Carol's card with us at Just Us Girls.
ReplyDeleteLove the bright blue stripes with the juicy yellow lemony goodness, Michele! And flat for mailing is an advantage! A great CASE of Carol's card!
ReplyDeleteI have my eye on this one too, if I can ever get some time in my craft space for non-obligatory creating. I love your watery stripes, and the sentiment can't be beat!!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I love both cards! Those shaker bits in Carol's are so cute, and I love your watercolor-looking stripes and stamped lemons. Your sentiment is too danged fun, too! One of the best punny lemon sentiments I've seen!
ReplyDeleteLove your take on Carol's card with those pretty blue stripes and cute lemons. Love that sentiment.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic CASE of Carol's card Those summer lemons look so refreshing with the blue stripes.
ReplyDelete